Old 06-22-2008, 12:36 PM
"Jaroslaw Swierczynski"

2008/6/22 Alessio Bolognino <themolok.ml@gmail.com>:
> You could put the email with the permission in
> /usr/share/licenses/$pkgname/

Good idea.

--
Jaroslaw Swierczynski <swiergot@gmail.com>
www.archlinux.org | www.juvepoland.com

Old 06-23-2008, 08:26 AM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2008/6/22 Alessio Bolognino <themolok.ml@gmail.com>:
> On Sat 2008-06-21 20:53, Jaroslaw Swierczynski wrote:
>> 2008/6/21 Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de>:
>> >
>> > What exactly does this permission include? Is it only a permission for you or
>> > is the whole Arch Linux project including all mirrors, devs and tus are
>> > allowed to distribute it? Perhaps you could attach what you got from skype to
>> > make things clear.
>>
>> My original request was:
>>
>> "I represent the community of Arch Linux distribution. I'm interested
>> in making package with Skype (ie. repacking original tarball to fit
>> our FHS and be installable by our package manager). (...)"
>>
>> When they agreed, I sent another mail with links to CVS entries and
>> the package on Arch's server. They said it was all fine. Does it seem
>> sufficient to you?
>
> You could put the email with the permission in
> /usr/share/licenses/$pkgname/
>
> I think I did the same with sopcast (now maintainer by voidnull)

Hmm... Nice idea!
IIRC we've got permission to redistribute VirtualBox guest additions ISO,
so the same can be applied to that package.
I don't remember who's got the answer from Innotek though.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 06-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Michael Jarosch