Old 06-11-2008, 12:51 PM
"Ronald van Haren"

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Geoffroy Carrier
<geoffroy.carrier@koon.fr> wrote:
> I might have believed that creating a new folder in community would
> work... There was gnome, kde, xfce; I worked on lxde packages, so I
> created a lxde folder with packages in it... Normal, uh?
>
> Can someone fix my mistake and make the packages appear on the AUR?
>
> --
> Geoffroy Carrier
> http://gcarrier.koon.fr/

Why not just delete them as described here:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_Trusted_User_Guidelines
after which you can upload them in the correct category?

o and making even more package categories is confusing. Wait till we
have a tagging system

Old 06-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Allan McRae

Ronald van Haren wrote:

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Geoffroy Carrier
I might have believed that creating a new folder in community would
work... There was gnome, kde, xfce; I worked on lxde packages, so I
created a lxde folder with packages in it... Normal, uh?

Can someone fix my mistake and make the packages appear on the AUR?

--
Geoffroy Carrier
http://gcarrier.koon.fr/

Why not just delete them as described here:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_Trusted_User_Guidelines
after which you can upload them in the correct category?

o and making even more package categories is confusing. Wait till we
have a tagging system

Just note that the directories are there to stay. A limitation of cvs.
And be very careful what directory you are in when you untag the files!

Also, there are already packages for pcmanfm and gpicview in community.

Allan

Old 06-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Eric Belanger

[...]

FYI, eventually the community repo will switch to svn like the other
official repo. When that will happen, there will be no more categories so
creating new categories is not really worthwhile.

Eric.

believed to be clean.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Eric Belanger

[...]

The packages doesn't appear because of this:

Pkgbuild '/home/aur/cvs/lxde/gpicview/PKGBUILD' is a duplicate!
Pkgbuild '/home/aur/cvs/lxde/lxde-common/PKGBUILD' is a duplicate!
Pkgbuild '/home/aur/cvs/lxde/lxsession-lite/PKGBUILD' is a duplicate!
New package file with identical version
'/home/aur/packages/full/lxde-common-0.3.2.1-1.pkg.tar.gz' is different
than the old one:

Deleting the new file.
New package file with identical version
'/home/aur/packages/full/gpicview-0.1.9-1.pkg.tar.gz' is different than
the old one:

Deleting the new file.
Aborting due to errors.

Both i686 and x86_64 have that error. Until this is fixed, the community
repo won't update.

believed to be clean.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Alain Terriault

Hi Harry,

Has much has I like Centos and RH for big sophisticated setup, it would
not be my first choice for your project.

For 25 systems and if you want this done without spending to much time,
Clarkconnect would by my first choice for server side OS (#2 would be SME).

For me CentOS x64 is #1 choice for enterprise (+500 users with Terabytes
of storage ) sever solution.
If you have little experience configuring a RH server, get ready to
spend lots of time getting everything going as nicely as Clarkconnect
does it.

For the clients side, my favorite flavor of Linux is Ubuntu.

cheers,
alain

Harry Sukumar wrote:

Hello All!!!

I was wondering if you can help me little bit….

I am trying to help (voluntary service) a country side school
(Aboriginal community) in Northern Queensland Australia setup lab
infrastructure, it’s a very remote school and they don’t have enough
funds to go commercial

The school has only till grade 6

They have 25 machines that was bought out of the government grant but
none of the machines come with windows

I was asked by the school president to setup lab infrastructure
currently they have Internet (Dynamic) with only two machines connected

I have asked them to change the plan to Static IP address which I
presume will be done some time this week

I have decided to go Linux on all the machines including the server

Could some one please cast some light on how I can carry on with this
project, I am not sure where to start and I am fairly new to Linux and
system administration world

Currently what’s in my mind is to setup fedora on all desktop and
CentOS5 as my server with following services configured

Proxy-squid (all the traffic to pass through)

Firewall

Apache

Squirrel mail

DNS

DHCP

I am not sure where to start with this project

Your help will be highly appreciated by the little kids who have never
even touched a computer before in there life!!!

--

Many Thanks

Harry

Old 06-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Alain Terriault wrote:
> For 25 systems and if you want this done without spending to much time,
> Clarkconnect would by my first choice for server side OS (#2 would be
> SME).
[...]
> For the clients side, my favorite flavor of Linux is Ubuntu.

For trees my favourite color is green, while for fire engines it is red.

This is something you don't have to back up with some arguments, as a
non-green tree (at least from spring to fall) doesn't look that healthy
and who has ever heard of a yellow fire engine?

Your case up there looks a bit different: It is easy to say that those
are your favourite flavors - but can you substantiate that somehow?
Especially as ClarkConnect and SME are based (or at least were based) on
CentOS but mostly lack a large community behind them -> Vendor Lock-In.

Ralph

Old 06-11-2008, 02:11 PM
"Sorin@Gmail"

Alain Terriault <> scribbled on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:55 PM:

How do you mean "big sophisticated setup"?

I think CentOS is rather easy to setup, in fact CentOS was the OS of choice when I first started with linux. I'm not fishing for flaming or trolling, just curious on why you think like you do. 8-)

Old 06-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Allan McRae

Eric Belanger wrote:

The packages doesn't appear because of this:

Pkgbuild '/home/aur/cvs/lxde/gpicview/PKGBUILD' is a duplicate!
Pkgbuild '/home/aur/cvs/lxde/lxde-common/PKGBUILD' is a duplicate!
Pkgbuild '/home/aur/cvs/lxde/lxsession-lite/PKGBUILD' is a duplicate!
New package file with identical version
'/home/aur/packages/full/lxde-common-0.3.2.1-1.pkg.tar.gz' is
different than the old one:

Deleting the new file.
New package file with identical version
'/home/aur/packages/full/gpicview-0.1.9-1.pkg.tar.gz' is different
than the old one:

Deleting the new file.
Aborting due to errors.

Both i686 and x86_64 have that error. Until this is fixed, the
community repo won't update.

I have untagged every PKGBUILD in the lxde directory so this should be
clear.

Geoffroy: I left the files there so you can grab copies if needed. I
see you want to create an lxde group. I suggest you make a post asking
the maintainers of the parts of lxde currently in community to join
forces with you in achieving this. I have no attachment to gpicview so
I will hand it over to you if you want.

Allan

Old 06-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Matt Hyclak

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 04:07:48PM +0200, Ralph Angenendt enlightened us:
> This is something you don't have to back up with some arguments, as a
> non-green tree (at least from spring to fall) doesn't look that healthy
> and who has ever heard of a yellow fire engine?

Not to pick nits, but in Columbus, OH, USA the fire trucks are (or were) all
an awful shade of fluorescent yellow :-)

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics

Old 06-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Matt Hyclak wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 04:07:48PM +0200, Ralph Angenendt enlightened us:
> > This is something you don't have to back up with some arguments, as a
> > non-green tree (at least from spring to fall) doesn't look that healthy
> > and who has ever heard of a yellow fire engine?
>
> Not to pick nits, but in Columbus, OH, USA the fire trucks are (or were) all
> an awful shade of fluorescent yellow :-)

I now officially hate you, because you broke my brilliantly laid out
retort.

Ralph