Old 06-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Bo Ørsted Andresen

Bo Andresen

Old 06-03-2008, 06:05 AM
"Bent Terp"

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 9:38 PM, Alain Terriault
<alain.terriault@mcgill.ca> wrote:
> Just wondering if any one ever consider/use Coraid for massive storage under
> CentOS?
> http://www.coraid.com
> It seems like a very reasonable option.. comments ?

It doesn't go all the way, but sure looks as interesting storage
blocks for a Lustre deployment.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:31 PM
"Brian McKee"

Brian McKee to derogers

show details 2:26 PM (4 minutes ago)

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Dave Rogers <derogers@rogers.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 15:06 -0400, Brian McKee wrote:
>>On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 12:48 PM, Dave Rogers <derogers@rogers.com> wrote:
>>> When you say 'freezes' what happens? Just that program freezes?
>>> The whole desktop?
>>> A little more info would be helpful.
>>> A good second troubleshooting step would be to try Synaptic. It's
>>> under System -> Administration
> Now type the following command (easiest might be to just copy and paste
> this)
> sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude upgrade
> Brian:
> Here is the info;
{SNIPPED}

ok - Aptitude/apt-get looks happy... your problem isn't there.
(You're up to date too :-)

So, let's see if we get any indication of what's happening when you
run add/remove programs.

Open a terminal window and type
gnome-app-install
That will start the add-remove programs program. Do whatever it is
you normally do to cause it to hang.
Now paste whatever appears in that terminal window back here and we'll
take a look at that.
And detail exactly the steps you take to make it hang. I'm not
seeing the problem yet.

Brian

PS - While I don't have a big preference, the tradition in Linux/Unix
circles has become 'bottom posting' email
When you have time, you might read up on it a bit
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html et al
Some people get very uptight about it.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Florian Kulzer

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 20:13:32 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 10:03:44AM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:

> > However, forbid-version is much more convenient (especially if you use
> > aptitude in interactive mode): If I see a scheduled upgrade that I don't
> > like then all I have to do is move the cursor to it, press "F", and I
> > can forget about the issue.
>
> once again, a totally awesome, useful piece of knowledge. What do you
> do, lie around reading man pages? ;-P

No, of course not. Everybody knows that you have to sit in the lotus
position reading man pages if you want to become truly enlightened. (I
have not had any feeling in my legs for a couple of months now, but I
guess that is a small price to pay.)

Florian |

Old 06-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams