Old 01-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Arch Website Notification

=== Signoff report for [testing] ===
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/signoffs/

There are currently:
* 6 new packages in last 24 hours
* 0 known bad packages
* 0 packages not accepting signoffs
* 6 fully signed off packages
* 17 packages missing signoffs
* 0 packages older than 14 days

(Note: the word 'package' as used here refers to packages as grouped by
pkgbase, architecture, and repository; e.g., one PKGBUILD produces one
package per architecture, even if it is a split package.)

== New packages in [testing] in last 24 hours (6 total) ==

* openssl-1.0.0.g-1 (i686)
* perl-5.14.2-7 (i686)
* udev-177-3 (i686)
* openssl-1.0.0.g-1 (x86_64)
* perl-5.14.2-7 (x86_64)
* udev-177-3 (x86_64)

== Incomplete signoffs for [community] (2 total) ==

* systemd-38-3 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* systemd-38-3 (x86_64)
0/2 signoffs

== Incomplete signoffs for [core] (7 total) ==

* openssl-1.0.0.g-1 (i686)
1/2 signoffs
* perl-5.14.2-7 (i686)
1/2 signoffs
* sqlite3-3.7.10-1 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* openssl-1.0.0.g-1 (x86_64)
1/2 signoffs
* perl-5.14.2-7 (x86_64)
1/2 signoffs
* sqlite3-3.7.10-1 (x86_64)
0/2 signoffs
* udev-177-3 (x86_64)
1/2 signoffs

== Incomplete signoffs for [extra] (6 total) ==

* hwdetect-2012.01-1 (any)
0/2 signoffs
* xcb-proto-1.7-1 (any)
0/2 signoffs
* libxcb-1.8-1 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* lirc-1:0.9.0-10 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* libxcb-1.8-1 (x86_64)
0/2 signoffs
* lirc-1:0.9.0-10 (x86_64)
0/2 signoffs

== Incomplete signoffs for [unknown] (2 total) ==

* btrfs-progs-0.19.20120110-2 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* btrfs-progs-0.19.20120110-2 (x86_64)
0/2 signoffs

== Completed signoffs (6 total) ==

* mkinitcpio-0.8.2-1 (any)
* e2fsprogs-1.42-1 (i686)
* udev-177-3 (i686)
* e2fsprogs-1.42-1 (x86_64)
* kmod-4-1 (i686)
* kmod-4-1 (x86_64)

== Top five in signoffs in last 24 hours ==

1. dan - 5 signoffs
2. bluewind - 3 signoffs
3. tpowa - 2 signoffs

Old 01-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Arch Website Notification

=== Signoff report for [community-testing] ===
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/signoffs/

There are currently:
* 0 new packages in last 24 hours
* 0 known bad packages
* 0 packages not accepting signoffs
* 0 fully signed off packages
* 2 packages missing signoffs
* 0 packages older than 14 days

(Note: the word 'package' as used here refers to packages as grouped by
pkgbase, architecture, and repository; e.g., one PKGBUILD produces one
package per architecture, even if it is a split package.)

== Incomplete signoffs for [community] (2 total) ==

* dbmail-3.0.0_rc3-1 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* dbmail-3.0.0_rc3-1 (x86_64)
0/2 signoffs

Old 01-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Tim

On Thu, 2012-01-19 at 03:52 +0000, g wrote:
> NISM ??

I have no idea what that abbreviation refers to, but the (obvious) spam
(simply by looking at the list of recipients) you replied to was not
received as base64 encoded, here.

Nor should it really be a problem. Only the most ancient or
dysfunctional mail clients would not be able to handle base64 encoded
messages. And, I dare say, the same derision should be applicable to
anything else that *handles* mail for you.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:09 PM

On 01/19/2012 12:56 PM, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-01-19 at 03:52 +0000, g wrote:
>> NISM ??
>
> I have no idea what that abbreviation refers to,
-=-

NISM = "Need I Say More"

> but the (obvious) spam (simply by looking at the list of recipients)
-=-

this is true. because it was sent to a 'tsl' also.

viewing "source", "header" can be read, but not able to read "body"
because of 'base64'.

to view "body", opened as 'email'. saw link. thought. what the heck.
possible a subscriber messed up. wondered what. clicked link.

using firefox and NoScript, running firewall, rkhunter,
backed up. why not.

firefox displayed a "404". i broke link.

> you replied to was not received as base64 encoded, here.
-=-

that is because it has enigmail sig. note "source" of this post.

> Nor should it really be a problem. Only the most ancient or
> dysfunctional mail clients would not be able to handle base64 encoded
> messages.
-=-

what email client in 'view source' mode, show "body" as readable
ascii when email is 'base64'.

> And, I dare say, the same derision should be applicable to
> anything else that *handles* mail for you.
-=-

deride depends on answer to above question.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

*please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*

****
**
**
**
So I installed Linux.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****

Old 01-19-2012, 10:02 PM

What are you using to measure your laptop power use?

The LessWatts.org page recommends an external power meter- I wondered if
you have recommendations or tips for a particular type or method? I'm
wondering if there is something fairly inexpensive but reliable and
possibly useful for other things as well. I mean I know there are tons of
gizmos out there, but I prefer the recommendation of a knowlegeable and
experienced Linux user :-)

I also have the Lenovo T520.

Thanks,
Keith Ostertag

Old 01-20-2012, 01:07 AM

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:29:19AM +0100, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
>>
>> merkaba:~> cat /etc/modprobe.d/i915-kms.conf
>> options i915 modeset=1 i915_enable_rc6=1 i915_enable_fbc=1 semaphores=1

When I try to use this line of options I get an error message saying
i915_enable_fcb is an unknown parameter. Is that for kernel 3.2 only?

What does that parameter refer to? I tried googling on "i915_enable_fcb"
to no avail.

For my Lenovo T520 using only the integrated Intel graphics, do I need
drivers other than xserver-xorg-core, xserver-xorg-video-fbdev, and
xserver-xorg-video-intel?

The reason I ask is that I sometimes, when experimenting with different
configurations get errors suggesting that I need the vesa driver, and
wonder if that is related to the error I get concerning the
i915_enable_fcb?

I don't run games or any video intensive apps. I am currently running
3.0.0-1-amd64.

Thanks,
Keith Ostertag

Old 01-20-2012, 04:00 AM
Chen Wei

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 03:02:16PM -0800, keitho@strucktower.com wrote:
> What are you using to measure your laptop power use?
>
> The LessWatts.org page recommends an external power meter- I wondered if
> you have recommendations or tips for a particular type or method? I'm
> wondering if there is something fairly inexpensive but reliable and
> possibly useful for other things as well. I mean I know there are tons of
>
> I also have the Lenovo T520.

I don't know if there are better method, but I happen to have an
inexpensive external power meter, it looks like a plug with a small LCD
screen, capable of measure from few watt to 2000watt, display voltage,
power factor, and calculate overall power usage, so it is quite handy
for home use. It should be easy to find a good one in local shop or
online.

--
Chen Wei

Old 01-20-2012, 04:34 AM
Chen Wei

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 06:07:16PM -0800, keitho@strucktower.com wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:29:19AM +0100, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> >> merkaba:~> cat /etc/modprobe.d/i915-kms.conf
> >> options i915 modeset=1 i915_enable_rc6=1 i915_enable_fbc=1
> >> semaphores=1
>
> When I try to use this line of options I get an error message saying
> i915_enable_fcb is an unknown parameter. Is that for kernel 3.2 only?
try ' sudo modinfo i915 ' see if it is available.

> What does that parameter refer to? I tried googling on
from the modinfo:
" parm: i915_enable_fbc:Enable frame buffer compression for
power savings (default: -1 (use per-chip default)) (int)"

> For my Lenovo T520 using only the integrated Intel graphics, do I need
> drivers other than xserver-xorg-core, xserver-xorg-video-fbdev, and
> xserver-xorg-video-intel?
>
> The reason I ask is that I sometimes, when experimenting with
> different configurations get errors suggesting that I need the vesa
> driver, and wonder if that is related to the error I get concerning
> the i915_enable_fcb?
judge from /var/log/Xorg.0.log, vesa module is loaded, so better to
install xserver-xorg-video-vesa. i915_enable_fcb, as the modinfo
suggested, more like a power saving parm.

--
Chen Wei

Old 01-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Arch Website Notification

=== Signoff report for [community-testing] ===
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/signoffs/

There are currently:
* 0 new packages in last 24 hours
* 0 known bad packages
* 0 packages not accepting signoffs
* 0 fully signed off packages
* 2 packages missing signoffs
* 0 packages older than 14 days

(Note: the word 'package' as used here refers to packages as grouped by
pkgbase, architecture, and repository; e.g., one PKGBUILD produces one
package per architecture, even if it is a split package.)

== Incomplete signoffs for [community] (2 total) ==

* dbmail-3.0.0_rc3-1 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* dbmail-3.0.0_rc3-1 (x86_64)
0/2 signoffs

== Top five in signoffs in last 24 hours ==

1. allan - 7 signoffs
2. lfleischer - 3 signoffs
3. bisson - 2 signoffs
4. thomas - 2 signoffs
5. dan - 1 signoffs

Old 01-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Arch Website Notification

=== Signoff report for [testing] ===
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/signoffs/

There are currently:
* 3 new packages in last 24 hours
* 0 known bad packages
* 0 packages not accepting signoffs
* 7 fully signed off packages
* 13 packages missing signoffs
* 0 packages older than 14 days

(Note: the word 'package' as used here refers to packages as grouped by
pkgbase, architecture, and repository; e.g., one PKGBUILD produces one
package per architecture, even if it is a split package.)

== New packages in [testing] in last 24 hours (3 total) ==

* initscripts-2012.01.3-1 (any)
* nilfs-utils-2.1.1-1 (i686)
* nilfs-utils-2.1.1-1 (x86_64)

== Incomplete signoffs for [community] (2 total) ==

* systemd-38-3 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* systemd-38-3 (x86_64)
0/2 signoffs

== Incomplete signoffs for [core] (5 total) ==

* initscripts-2012.01.3-1 (any)
1/2 signoffs
* nilfs-utils-2.1.1-1 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* sqlite3-3.7.10-1 (i686)
1/2 signoffs
* nilfs-utils-2.1.1-1 (x86_64)
1/2 signoffs
* sqlite3-3.7.10-1 (x86_64)
0/2 signoffs

== Incomplete signoffs for [extra] (4 total) ==

* hwdetect-2012.01-1 (any)
0/2 signoffs
* xcb-proto-1.7-1 (any)
0/2 signoffs
* libxcb-1.8-1 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* libxcb-1.8-1 (x86_64)
0/2 signoffs

== Incomplete signoffs for [unknown] (2 total) ==

* btrfs-progs-0.19.20120110-2 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* btrfs-progs-0.19.20120110-2 (x86_64)
0/2 signoffs