Old 01-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Don Juan

On 01/04/2012 05:11 PM, Jonathan Vasquez wrote:

On Jan 4, 2012 6:26 PM, "Peter Lewis"<plewis@aur.archlinux.org> wrote:

On Wednesday 04 Jan 2012 16:16:45 Jonathan Vasquez wrote:

Never said the entire community was a democracy, I did say thought
that like a democracy people vote for the packages to be included.
You are right, that the Trusted Users have the final say on what
packages get included, I never said otherwise. We obviously can't let
everyone in the community have read/write access to the community
repo, but the packages that the community members voted for in the

AUR,

are being looked at by the Trusted Users. That's not a problem to me,

and

if anything is a sign of a Representative Democracy. In the AUR aspect
specifically.

Hitler was also chosen because of his intelligence and other
credentials. How does this relate? Just because a person is elected
because of "perceived" credentials that you can obviously prove that
they have, does not mean that the person will continue to act in that
fashion. Hopefully they will.

24+ messages in a thread which itself is a split from its original. Nice

see that Godwin's Law [1] still applies on "proper" mailing lists in 2012

;-)

Happy new year folks!

Pete.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Lol Pete. I was actually speaking to Ross about this law when he brought it
to my attention. I didn't even know it existed and I normally tend to
refrain from bringing Hitler into a conversion. Maybe I should have brought
a politician that always promises things, but once elected changes his
views and attitudes.

Happy new year as well.

Nixon ? LOL ;P

Old 01-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Arch Website Notification

=== Signoff report for [community-testing] ===
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/signoffs/

There are currently:
* 4 new packages in last 24 hours
* 0 known bad packages
* 0 packages not accepting signoffs
* 2 fully signed off packages
* 11 packages missing signoffs
* 5 packages older than 14 days

(Note: the word 'package' as used here refers to packages as grouped by
pkgbase, architecture, and repository; e.g., one PKGBUILD produces one
package per architecture, even if it is a split package.)

== New packages in [community-testing] in last 24 hours (4 total) ==

* pkgtools-23-3 (i686)
* vdrift-2011.10.22-2 (i686)
* pkgtools-23-3 (x86_64)
* vdrift-2011.10.22-2 (x86_64)

== Incomplete signoffs for [community] (9 total) ==

* expac-0.07-1 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* gpac-3824-1 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* packagekit-0.6.19-3 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* pkgtools-23-3 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* vdrift-2011.10.22-2 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* gpac-3824-1 (x86_64)
0/2 signoffs
* packagekit-0.6.19-3 (x86_64)
1/2 signoffs
* pkgtools-23-3 (x86_64)
1/2 signoffs
* vdrift-2011.10.22-2 (x86_64)
0/2 signoffs

== Incomplete signoffs for [unknown] (2 total) ==

* percona-server-5.5.18_rel23.0-1 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* percona-server-5.5.18_rel23.0-1 (x86_64)
1/2 signoffs

== Completed signoffs (2 total) ==

* pacman-contrib-4.0.1-1 (any)
* expac-0.07-1 (x86_64)

== All packages in [community-testing] for more than 14 days (5 total) ==

* expac-0.07-1 (i686), since 2011-10-13
* expac-0.07-1 (x86_64), since 2011-10-13
* pacman-contrib-4.0.1-1 (any), since 2011-11-25
* packagekit-0.6.19-3 (i686), since 2011-11-30
* packagekit-0.6.19-3 (x86_64), since 2011-11-30

== Top five in signoffs in last 24 hours ==

1. dan - 7 signoffs
2. tomegun - 5 signoffs
3. allan - 5 signoffs
4. pierre - 5 signoffs
5. thomas - 3 signoffs

Old 01-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Arch Website Notification

=== Signoff report for [testing] ===
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/signoffs/

There are currently:
* 17 new packages in last 24 hours
* 0 known bad packages
* 0 packages not accepting signoffs
* 9 fully signed off packages
* 21 packages missing signoffs
* 3 packages older than 14 days

(Note: the word 'package' as used here refers to packages as grouped by
pkgbase, architecture, and repository; e.g., one PKGBUILD produces one
package per architecture, even if it is a split package.)

== New packages in [testing] in last 24 hours (17 total) ==

* initscripts-2012.01.2-1 (any)
* libarchive-3.0.2-1 (i686)
* pacman-4.0.1-3 (i686)
* libarchive-3.0.2-1 (x86_64)
* pacman-4.0.1-3 (x86_64)
* claws-mail-extra-plugins-3.8.0-2 (i686)
* cmake-2.8.7-2 (i686)
* gvfs-1.10.1-2 (i686)
* hydrogen-0.9.5-2 (i686)
* kdeutils-4.7.4-2 (i686)
* totem-plparser-2.32.6-2 (i686)
* claws-mail-extra-plugins-3.8.0-2 (x86_64)
* cmake-2.8.7-2 (x86_64)
* gvfs-1.10.1-2 (x86_64)
* hydrogen-0.9.5-2 (x86_64)
* kdeutils-4.7.4-2 (x86_64)
* totem-plparser-2.32.6-2 (x86_64)

== Incomplete signoffs for [core] (7 total) ==

* initscripts-2012.01.2-1 (any)
1/6 signoffs
* cryptsetup-1.4.1-1 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* ed-1.6-1 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* libpcap-1.2.1-1 (i686)
1/2 signoffs
* openvpn-2.2.2-1 (i686)
1/2 signoffs
* pacman-4.0.1-3 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* ed-1.6-1 (x86_64)
0/2 signoffs

== Incomplete signoffs for [extra] (14 total) ==

* claws-mail-extra-plugins-3.8.0-2 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* cmake-2.8.7-2 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* gvfs-1.10.1-2 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* hydrogen-0.9.5-2 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* kdeutils-4.7.4-2 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* pulseaudio-1.1-2 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* totem-plparser-2.32.6-2 (i686)
0/2 signoffs
* claws-mail-extra-plugins-3.8.0-2 (x86_64)
0/2 signoffs
* cmake-2.8.7-2 (x86_64)
0/2 signoffs
* gvfs-1.10.1-2 (x86_64)
0/2 signoffs
* hydrogen-0.9.5-2 (x86_64)
0/2 signoffs
* kdeutils-4.7.4-2 (x86_64)
1/2 signoffs
* pulseaudio-1.1-2 (x86_64)
1/2 signoffs
* totem-plparser-2.32.6-2 (x86_64)
0/2 signoffs

== Completed signoffs (9 total) ==

* libarchive-3.0.2-1 (i686)
* cryptsetup-1.4.1-1 (x86_64)
* libarchive-3.0.2-1 (x86_64)
* libpcap-1.2.1-1 (x86_64)
* openvpn-2.2.2-1 (x86_64)
* pacman-4.0.1-3 (x86_64)
* namcap-3.2.1-1 (any)
* pyalpm-0.5.3-1 (i686)
* pyalpm-0.5.3-1 (x86_64)

== All packages in [testing] for more than 14 days (3 total) ==

* pyalpm-0.5.3-1 (i686), since 2011-10-15
* pyalpm-0.5.3-1 (x86_64), since 2011-10-15
* namcap-3.2.1-1 (any), since 2011-10-20

Old 01-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Peter Cannon