Old 01-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Ben Hutchings

On Mon, 2012-01-02 at 00:41 +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> As I suggested a while back, radeon really doesn't work without firmware
> on some chips.
[...]

This (commit 77e00f2ea94abee1ad13bdfde19cf7aa25992b0e) is changing
behaviour for the BTC chips (codenames Barts, Turks and Caicos; model
numbers HD 68xx, 65xx and 63xx; DCE5 generation).

However, we had many reports that DCE3 generation chips don't work
properly without firmware: RV620 in #607194, RV635 in #637392 and
#637943, RV710 in #627497, RV770 in #610851.

There is also the hang-on-resume issue (#607471), though that is
generically fixed (or rather worked-around) by:

commit a144c6a6c924aa1da04dd77fb84b89927354fdff