Old 08-02-2011, 06:16 PM
"Johan Berntsson"

Camaleón skrev:
> On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 15:50:55 +0200, Johan Berntsson wrote:
>
> (...)

>>> But despite the warning about not finding the x config file, are you
>>> getting any error, is the driver installed, what does xorg log say? :-?
>

>> Now I'm wondering what to do.
>>
>> Then the installation script didnt found the xorg.conf
>
> What it said?
>
>> it wrote an new xorg.conf
>
> You mean the installer created a new "xorg.conf" file? Good.
>
>> now i have tested with this new file and the Gdm3 will not start
>
> "Logs", sir, we need to see what X is telling you :-)
>
> /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>
> And also send to the list the full "xorg.conf" file so we can review it.
>
>> Seems to be alot difficult to install an other graphic driver.
>
> Setting up a VGA can be tricky: if your VGA works with the default set of
> drivers then all goes smoothly, but if you need to install an external
> driver, just pray >:-)
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón

Okej

now i removed the xconfig file will send it over and the log files

my default VGA driver just work with one screen, I want to use all three
screens with option with an screen more

Johan.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Shabeer Chola

*Sir,

******** I want complete administration guide for HCL winbee os
--

**

*** SHABEER C,
*** AREACODE

*** MOB:- 9539159606

Old 08-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Camaleón

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 20:16:10 +0200, Johan Berntsson wrote:

> Camaleón skrev:

>>> now i have tested with this new file and the Gdm3 will not start
>>
>> "Logs", sir, we need to see what X is telling you :-)
>>
>> /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>>
>> And also send to the list the full "xorg.conf" file so we can review
>> it.

(...)

> Okej
>
> now i removed the xconfig file will send it over and the log files

Thanks! Now things look more clear...

It seems that Xorg is using VESA driver instead the matrox one (mtx) and
I don't think is is how it should be. If you have installed the drivers
from Matrox site, I would follow their instructions:

ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/linux/2009/1.4.7/readme.txt

> my default VGA driver just work with one screen, I want to use all three
> screens with option with an screen more

Yep, that can be because of the VESA driver in use so the first thing to
get is making X to load the "right" driver.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 08-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Kevin Williams

I'm at the localhost login and out keeps saying my login is incorrect. Thanks for the quick reply

Old 08-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Atıf CEYLAN

I'm at the localhost login and out keeps saying my login is
incorrect. Thanks for the quick reply

What is the "localhost login"?

Did you create a normal user at the installation?

--

/**

* @author Atıf CEYLAN

* Software Developer & System Admin

* http://www.atifceylan.com

*/

Old 08-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Sukhbir Singh

Hi Alex,

Can we have some prototype/ format of the Message-IDs that you want us
to strip? It would be beneficial for both sides because then we can
show you what we will be handling and you can tell if something else
needs to be taken care of.

Thanks for the help,

--
Sukhbir

Old 08-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Alexander Wirt

Sukhbir Singh schrieb am Thursday, den 04. August 2011:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Can we have some prototype/ format of the Message-IDs that you want us
> to strip? It would be beneficial for both sides because then we can
> show you what we will be handling and you can tell if something else
> needs to be taken care of.
Sure. We have several files with entries like:
Skip-Spam-Message-Id: <4610e762.1f8f12a6.0218.7af1@mx.google.com>
Skip-Spam-Message-Id: <8600e4c3dd4c62fb51f343ac020608e3@gmail.com>
Skip-Spam-Message-Id: <CA287EE3.7684.AC15C2D5@localhost>

if would be best if the converter accepts a message box and several skip
files. I'll write a wrapper that does the dirty details on the filesystem.
(Explaining everything in detail would take more time than writing a script).

Alex

Old 08-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Kevin Williams

Installation was ok I didn't setup my network if that matters.I don't wish to get a root account and yes I remember my password.all I want to do is boot up

Old 08-04-2011, 11:07 AM
shawn wilson

On Aug 4, 2011 4:11 AM, "Atıf CEYLAN" <mehmet@atifceylan.com> wrote:

> On 08/04/2011 11:54 AM, Kevin Williams wrote:

>> I'm at the localhost login and out keeps saying my login is incorrect. Thanks for the quick reply

> What is the "localhost login"?

> Did you create a normal user at the installation?

Probably didn't enter a hostname at install and its the gdm / kdm / xdm screen. Just a guess, but people asking for help should be less vague so that less guessing is involved and less time is wasted.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Kevin Williams

I switch back to windows after searching for it for about twenty minutes thanks to anyone who tried to help me and for the idiots who had something to say about me being a troll. Y'all do realize the only way to stop a troll is too ignore him right? Thanks again for everyone who tried too help me.I'll try this out again once I have done my research