Old 07-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Calvin Morrison

On 18 July 2011 12:57, Calvin Morrison <mutantturkey@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
Hey Guys,

I am a developer and member of the Trinity Desktop team. I wanted to
clear up a few points here about what the differences between old kde
and trinity are as far as you are concerned. Kde3 and Trinity are NOT the same.
At this point our sources and contributors have changed completely.

One of our goals is to pull all of the disparate Qt3 patches to create
a central, up-to-date Qt3 repository that can then be extended as
necessary, and we are ready to provide upstream support for qt3.
Even with our patches and addons, our qt3 is fully compatible with any
qt3 programs, no API breakage whatsoever. I think it would be a great id

Link to webgit of qt3:
http://git.trinitydesktop.org/viewgit/index.php?a=tree&p=Trinity%20Desktop%20Environment &hb=HEAD&f=main/dependencies/qt3

Kdelibs3 on the other hand won't be so simple. There have been
significant changes in the API, because we have written a abstraction
layer for the Qt3 code to work with "TQt". The TQt interface
will allow us to continue using the trinity desktop with newer versions
of Qt. We currently are underway porting it to Qt4 too keep up to
date. However for arch that means it is likely that some
programs would not compile unless patched against the tqtinterface.
Therefore I must recommend you do not use our kdelibs3, because we are
currently unstable until the next release (due sometime in the fall)

What I think would be best for everyone, is that once we release our
next version, arch should look into switching to the Trinity Desktop
provided kdelibs3, kdebase, kde* packages. They are more up to date
and stable. I think the fact you are having trouble building old kde3
shows that it might be time to start considering other options. As far as
Qt3 goes, we are completely ready and happy to provide upstream support
for all distros, especially my favorite Arch.

On behalf of the Trinity Project,
Calvin Morrison

Old 07-19-2011, 01:13 AM
Thomas Bächler

Am 18.07.2011 19:05, schrieb Calvin Morrison:
> What I think would be best for everyone, is that once we release our
> next version, arch should look into switching to the Trinity Desktop
> provided kdelibs3, kdebase, kde* packages. They are more up to date
> and stable. I think the fact you are having trouble building old kde3
> shows that it might be time to start considering other options. As far as
> Qt3 goes, we are completely ready and happy to provide upstream support
> for all distros, especially my favorite Arch.

We don't actually provide any kde package from kde3. We only have
kdelibs3 for a small number of packages that have never been ported to
kde4. Apparently those are:

gambas2-gb-qt-kde
kleansweep
kovpn
ksensors
ksniffer
ktechlab
pwmanager
qalculate-kde
qtcurve-kde3

Most of those are probably obsolete (it's sad though that there is no
application with the same functionality as kovpn).

Old 07-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Michael Norris

http://keligab.com/wp-content/themes/ma1.htm___________________________________________ ____
CRUX mailing list
CRUX@lists.crux.nu

Old 07-22-2011, 02:41 AM
yu huang

http://prosperityonthenet.com/wp-content/themes/disco20.htm

Old 07-22-2011, 02:31 PM

Hi

I have copied a local repository they with squeeze that a friend
facilitated me now I want to upgrade it of internet.

the question is that i gives me error when verifying the keys.

with which commands can be requested and did to install the keys of
ftp.debian.org or ftp.us.debian.org and security.debian.org to upgrade my
repository Owe squeeze???

Greetings
Cosme

Old 07-22-2011, 03:38 PM
Umarzuki Mochlis

I have copied a local repository they with squeeze that a friend

facilitated me now I want to upgrade it of internet.

the question is that i gives me error when verifying the keys.

with which commands can be requested and did to install the keys of

ftp.debian.org or ftp.us.debian.org and security.debian.org to upgrade my

repository Owe squeeze???
what is the output of these two commands?

aptitude update
aptitude safe-upgrade -y

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://debmal.my