Old 01-01-1970, 01:00 AM

Best regards

Peter K

Old 01-01-1970, 01:00 AM

I just now did
layman --sync-all
emerge --newuse --update --with-bdeps=3Dy world

Only libraw and (of course) portage were merged.

emerge --depclean found nothing redundant

revdep-rebuild still wants to reinstall totem-pl-parser and
gpointing-device-settings. Both fail with bugs that (I believe) are
unrelated.=20

In a fit of paranoia, I did another reboot at this point.
The results were the same: gdm does NOT crash, but gnome-shell DOES

Perhaps I have bad USE flags (-gnome-shell is a new change the others
are as they have been for quite a while)?

oldlap ~ # eix -e gdm; eix -e gnome-shell
[i] gnome-base/gdm
Available versions: 2.20.11 (~)2.20.11-r1 [M](~)2.32.1 [M](~)2.32.1-r=
1 {M}(~)3.0.4-r2[1] {M}(~)3.2.0-r1[1] {accessibility afs branding +consolek=
it debug dmx elibc_glibc fprint gnome-keyring +gnome-shell +introspection i=
pv6 pam remote selinux smartcard tcpd test xinerama +xklavier}
Installed versions: 3.2.0-r1[1](10:55:08 AM 10/12/2011)(accessibility=
consolekit elibc_glibc introspection ipv6 tcpd xklavier -debug -fprint -gn=
ome-keyring -gnome-shell -selinux -smartcard -test -xinerama)
Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/

[1] "gnome" /var/lib/layman/gnome
[i] gnome-base/gnome-shell
Available versions: {M}(~)3.0.2-r1 {M}(~)3.1.4[1] {M}(~)3.2.0-r1[1] {=
M}**9999[1] {+nm-applet}
Installed versions: 3.2.0-r1[1](10:41:40 PM 10/01/2011)
Homepage: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell

[1] "gnome" /var/lib/layman/gnome
oldlap ~ #=20

Thanks for you help and patience,
allan

Old 01-01-1970, 01:00 AM

Do you guys have any problem with hibernating? my computer cannot boot
after running pm-hibernate :L
The only solution for this is to unplug the power source wait a few
seconds and the plug again the power source cable. After this, when you
boot the computer there is a warning message from the bios about
incorrect setting of the cpu frequency. Then I am prompted to the bios
configuration screen but all settings look ok. After restart the
computer boots normally and resume successfully from hibernating.

Please mention any lofg file I can attach so we can find the cause of
this problem.

--------------030601060104080307080404--

Old 01-01-1970, 01:00 AM

> =C2=A0Where can we change the settings for this questionable "feature"?

It's not so bad. Really.

> I'm hoping someone will come along and answer both our questions. =C2=A0I=
'm
> really hoping for a place we can change the settings. =C2=A0I don't mind =
it
> being there so much if it is useful. =C2=A0 I would like to know its purp=
ose
> tho.

A pretty straightforward read:

http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/filesystems/tmpfs.txt

Incidentally, with tmpfs, infrequently-used files may be swapped to
disk, at which point tmpfs starts behaving like a non-persistent
disk-based filesystem. i.e., it becomes useful for things you'd like
cleaned up on reboot.

--=20
:wq

Old 01-01-1970, 01:00 AM

Any informing link is welcome. I won't buy a camera, but I like to get
knowledge about modern digi cams.

------CLH98S72TSV10J79Q35F13IGEA70H9

Make sure you check out the project called &quot;apertus&quot; <br>
Open hardware / libre software photography at its best <br>
Have a good evening/morning/night/day all!<br>
-- <br>
Set Hallström<br>
AKA Sakrecoer<br>
+46 (0) 708 134 377<br>
Sent from my Phonografic Computer-Integrated Camera with K-9 Mail (Open source libre software)<br>
------CLH98S72TSV10J79Q35F13IGEA70H9--

--===============2820890152575877180==--

Old 01-01-1970, 01:00 AM

--