Old 11-13-2010, 03:08 PM
norberto alvarez

http://metalsudsnc.com/lo.ve.php

Old 11-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Niki Kovacs

Przemysław Pawełczyk a écrit :

> All of us with installed RHEL (me Scientific Linux) has no problem with
> Flash. I must assume that you lost something during installation.

OK, I just found out, after quite a lot of fiddling. Be it a server or a
desktop, I always start out with a bare-bones minimal system. Then, I
only add what I really need : X server, GNOME, handful of apps. And so
it comes that the 'curl' package is not installed on my systems (as I
tend to type 'wget -c' instead of 'curl -C - -O' D).

Now here's the solution : Flash 10 has a dependency on 'curl', and that
dependency is not explicit. Curiously enough, Flash 9 works without curl.

RPMForge packagers, roll up your sleeves )

Niki

Old 11-13-2010, 06:36 PM
Neil Brown

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 01:01:47 -0500
Mike Viau <viaum@sheridanc.on.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to re-setup my fake-raid (RAID1) volume with LVM2 like setup previously. I had been using dmraid on a Lenny installation which gave me (from memory) a block device like /dev/mapper/isw_xxxxxxxxxxx_ and also a /dev/One1TB, but have discovered that the mdadm has replaced the older and believed to be obsolete dmraid for multiple disk/raid support.
>
> Automatically the fake-raid LVM physical volume does not seem to be set up. I believe my data is safe as I can insert a knoppix live-cd in the system and mount the fake-raid volume (and browse the files). I am planning on perhaps purchasing another at least 1TB drive to backup the data before trying to much fancy stuff with mdadm in fear of loosing the data.
>
> A few commands that might shed more light on the situation:
>

> pvdisplay (showing the /dev/md/[device] not recognized yet by LVM2, note sdc another single drive with LVM)
>
> --- Physical volume ---
> PV Name /dev/sdc7
> VG Name XENSTORE-VG
> PV Size 46.56 GiB / not usable 2.00 MiB
> Allocatable yes (but full)
> PE Size 4.00 MiB
> Total PE 11920
> Free PE 0
> Allocated PE 11920
> PV UUID wRa8xM-lcGZ-GwLX-F6bA-YiCj-c9e1-eMpPdL
>

> cat /proc/mdstat (showing what mdadm shows/discovers)
>
> Personalities :
> md127 : inactive sda[1](S) sdb[0](S)
> 4514 blocks super external:imsm
>
> unused devices:

As imsm can have several arrays described by one set of metadata, mdadm
creates an inactive arrive just like this which just holds the set of
devices, and then should create other arrays made of from different regions
of those devices.
It looks like mdadm hasn't done that you. You can ask it to with:

mdadm -I /dev/md/imsm0

That should created the real raid1 array in /dev/md/something.

NeilBrown

Old 11-14-2010, 07:04 AM