Old 05-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 07:09:44PM +0000, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> I'm cc-ing the bug report you have opened. Anybody who answers this bug
> should also read the thread that has followed the original message, as
> it contains many other useful details.

I hope I included the essential in the bugreport, but it doesn't hurt
either.

> > and the font I use is Terminus. I only see some dashes and spaces, but I
> > guess there are some fonts missing. On the console I see dashes and
> > diamonds. With xfce4-terminal and the Monospace font (I'm guessing it's
> > actually DejaVu) I can see the characters correctly (as far as I can
> > tell).
>
> Do you use use anti-aliasing (aa)?

I tried with and without. My default font (Terminus) does not need this
and if I activate aa the font is switched to DejaVu.

> I've used mlterm for quite some time without the problems you mentioned.
> The problems seem, at first glance, as those of missing glyphs
> ("characters") in the font(s) you use.

The same font(s) used with xfce4-terminal display correctly. This is why
I reported the bug against mlterm.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

Old 05-09-2008, 05:06 AM
Ulrich Mueller

> PMS: Are versions allowed to have more than 8 digits?

> specifically to ask the package maintainers with extremely
> long PVs whether they were needed and to test the impact of
> extending versionator.eclass. The involved packages:

> sys-process/fuser-bsd
> sys-apps/net-tools
> sys-apps/gradm
> net-im/ntame
> media-video/captury
> media-libs/libcaptury
> media-libs/capseo
> sys-block/btrace
> www-apache/mod_depends
> net-wireless/rt2500
> sys-fs/unionfs

You may add app-emacs/limit and app-emacs/mu-cite to this list.
Currently we limit ourselves to 8 digits for them, but both upstream
tarballs are named in the infamous YYYYMMDDHHMM format.

Ulrich

Old 05-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

I'd like to take care of this as soon after change freeze as possible.
It's the same as last time:

Disable the pieces of the cron scripts which vacuum koji's dbs in puppet
cvs commit; make install; make push HOSTS=db2
ssh db2
screen
time sudo -u postgres vacuumdb -vd koji
[wait a few hours for this to finish during which koji is somewhat more
sluggish but there's no actual outage.]
reenable the pieces of the cron scripts which vacuum koji, commit,
install, push.

Done.

Anyone object to my doing it during the day on Wednesday, May 14th?

-Toshio