Old 10-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On 30/10/2009, Ranguvar <ranguvar@archlinux.us> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The package 'llvm' is an orphaned [communuity] package. I'd like to request
> that it me moved to the AUR so I can maintain it (I have an update and
> overhaul ready) and I can also create a 'clang' package for it. (split
> package for llvm AND clang) Then it can be adopted by a TU if they want to
> bring it back into [community].
I vote for "move it on AUR"

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer

Old 10-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Philip Webb

091030 Tomáš Chvátal wrote re:
> Title: KDE3 will be masked and removed from portage

Can someone explain -- or point to the relevant docs which explain --
how to use the KDE 3 overlay ? Perhaps this sb in the news announcement.

I've successfully installed most of KDE 4.3.1 ,
but without the desktop stuff, for which I have adopted Fluxbox.
I still have remnants of KDE 3.5.10 (details from my personal pkg list):

W 090501 kde-base/kdeartwork-kworldclock-3.5.10
090606 kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.10-r6 [ 16 min ]
W 080924 kde-base/kmahjongg-3.5.10
W 080924 kde-base/ksokoban-3.5.10
W 090501 kde-base/kworldclock-3.5.10
080924 kde-base/libkdegames-3.5.10 [for kmahjongg etc]

Kmahjongg 4 lacks the removed-tiles display (it's promised);
Ksokoban hasn't been ported to KDE 4 (someone's working on it);
Kworldclock shows local times around the globe,
which Marble should show, but doesn't (yet?).
Everything still works & nothing (3 & 4) interferes with anything else.

Hopefully, it won't be difficult for users to keep KDE 3 items
as long as they need them & don't cause any other problems.

SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb

Old 10-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Tomáš Chvátal

Duncan wrote:
... lots of the text trimmed ...
> Title: KDE3 will be masked and removed from portage
>
> [other headers unchanged, omit the radio on line]
>
> After multiple setbacks we have finally managed to stabilise KDE4 on
> both major desktop architectures (amd64 and x86), with other teams to
> follow.
>
> For this and other reasons as discussed at [1], those of you who still
> use KDE3 should be considering an upgrade in the near future.
>
> Effective immediately, KDE3 support is being dropped. This means that
> KDE3 ebuilds that clash with KDE4 or are broken are being removed.
>
> Unbroken KDE3 packages will be moved to a special overlay named kde3.
> This can be found in layman. Note that this overlay is going to be user
> maintained and WILL NOT BE DEVELOPER REVIEWED. [2]
>
> [rusty/apology and refs as-is]
>
> -------
> ,
... some text trimmed ...

Duncan thanks for hints and updates. I incorporated them and hopefully now the
news item is really nice :]

I also updated accordingly the gnk3.xml to match it :]

Cheers

Tomas

PS: i often complain that it is hell to chew through your mails because they
are so damn long, but this time it was definitely worth the time :] Seriously
thanks for help.
Title: KDE3 to be masked and removed from portage