Old 04-16-2008, 02:28 PM
"Travis Willard"

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 6:41 AM, Travis Willard <travis@archlinux.org> wrote:

> > > Agreed. ABS is not system critical. Hell, even devtools and namcap are in extra.
> >
> > Hm - fair enough. :P I guess I'll still be moving package around, but
> > not in the order I originally expected. :P
>
> Pretty indifferent here as well, I guess I just remembered some talk
> way back of core being system critical stuff, but *also* being a
> completely self-contained way to build an Arch system from scratch. I
> thought that was a big reason why we would want to keep it there.

Yeah, this morning I thought I had something with an argument that
we've recently been saying we don't want to patch the kernel for every
Jim, Bob, and Jane that have an exotic module. I thought to myself
"Hey, if they need that exotic module to get the system up and
running, they'll probably want ABS to build the kernel!"

Then it occurred to me that, if their system isn't up and running, how
are they supposed to use ABS in the first place?

It's a chicken-and-the-egg scenario - for ABS to be useful, you need
an internet connection. However, if you have an internet connection,
you can just run pacman -S abs and get it from extra. So meh.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:19 AM
Mohammed Omar

Hi all,
It is to inform you all that, The Fedora Testing work has been taken
over by Indhu durai from me. She will be the focal point from IBM side.
The main responsibility is to test development, GA releases along with
rawhides on IBM Hardware(system P).I appreciate the cooperation from
Joshua Boyer, James Laska, Will Woods, David WoodHouse, Dennis Gilmore
and all, expecting the same in future.

Lets welcome Her in the Fedora Community!!

--Best Regards
Omar M

Old 04-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Olivier Berger

Salut.

Bien-sûr, pour les français/francophones proches, ce sera encore plus
simple de faire le déplacement...

A vos contributions

Cordialement,