Old 04-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Eric Belanger

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008, Eric Belanger wrote:

Hi,

I just uploaded an imagemagick package in testing that will require a rebuilt
of the apps that links to its libs because the libraries names have changed.
From imagemagick ChangeLog:

* New Unix/Linux refactoring (should be transparent since changes are
reflected in Magick-config and ImageMagick.pc pkg-config files):
/usr/local/include => /usr/local/include/ImageMagick
libMagick => libMagickCore
libWand => libMagickWand
Magick-config (deprecated) => MagickCore-config
Wand-config (deprecated) => MagickWand-config
Add Magick++-config, MagickCore.pc, MagickWand.pc, Magick++.pc

The package that needs to be rebuilt are:

dvdauthor
inkscape
koffice
labplot
libavg
libfprint
psiconv (already done)
pstoedit
transcode
vips
vips-devel
xine-lib

To get the list above, I've installed all packages that had imagemagick as a
(make)depends then ran lddd to see which ones needed to be rebuilt. It might
be worth it to to that for future rebuilds. If someone with mysql access
would do a todo list for the above, I'll appreciate. I could always do some
of these rebuilds if some of you are overwhelmed by work.

Eric

To get things going, I'll start some of these rebuilds. If you plan to
rebuild your package this week-end or if you have already rebuilt package
on your local machine and were waiting for the cvs->svn move, let me know.
Locally, I have packages for labplot, pstoedit and vips. I'm working on
koffice which will need to be patched for gcc 4.3

Thanks

believed to be clean.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Jan de Groot

On Sat, 2008-04-12 at 12:31 -0400, Eric Belanger wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Mar 2008, Eric Belanger wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I just uploaded an imagemagick package in testing that will require a rebuilt
> > of the apps that links to its libs because the libraries names have changed.
> > From imagemagick ChangeLog:
> > * New Unix/Linux refactoring (should be transparent since changes are
> > reflected in Magick-config and ImageMagick.pc pkg-config files):
> > /usr/local/include => /usr/local/include/ImageMagick
> > libMagick => libMagickCore
> > libWand => libMagickWand
> > Magick-config (deprecated) => MagickCore-config
> > Wand-config (deprecated) => MagickWand-config
> > Add Magick++-config, MagickCore.pc, MagickWand.pc, Magick++.pc
> >

> > The package that needs to be rebuilt are:
> >
> > dvdauthor
> > inkscape
> > koffice
> > labplot
> > libavg
> > libfprint
> > psiconv (already done)
> > pstoedit
> > transcode
> > vips
> > vips-devel
> > xine-lib
> >
> > To get the list above, I've installed all packages that had imagemagick as a
> > (make)depends then ran lddd to see which ones needed to be rebuilt. It might
> > be worth it to to that for future rebuilds. If someone with mysql access
> > would do a todo list for the above, I'll appreciate. I could always do some
> > of these rebuilds if some of you are overwhelmed by work.
> >
> > Eric
> >

> To get things going, I'll start some of these rebuilds. If you plan to
> rebuild your package this week-end or if you have already rebuilt package
> on your local machine and were waiting for the cvs->svn move, let me know.
> Locally, I have packages for labplot, pstoedit and vips. I'm working on
> koffice which will need to be patched for gcc 4.3
>
> Thanks

Inkscape has been built for x86_64-testing, but I think you already
noticed that when running archco inkscape. I've done some poppler
updates to extra for x86_64 also, these have to be synced with i686
still.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Eric Belanger

To get things going, I'll start some of these rebuilds. If you plan to
rebuild your package this week-end or if you have already rebuilt package
on your local machine and were waiting for the cvs->svn move, let me know.
Locally, I have packages for labplot, pstoedit and vips. I'm working on
koffice which will need to be patched for gcc 4.3

Thanks

Inkscape has been built for x86_64-testing, but I think you already
noticed that when running archco inkscape. I've done some poppler
updates to extra for x86_64 also, these have to be synced with i686
still.

Thanks, I was already aware of that because I'm the one who built the
package. :P

According to TODO (https://dev.archlinux.org/todo/49/), the packages that
have been rebuilt (and are in testing) so far are:
transcode

inkscape
psiconv
libfprint

The poppler updates you mentioned don't depends on imagemagick. Did you
mentionned them just for general information or do they have something to
do with the imagemagick rebuild?

believed to be clean.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Kent West

Florian Kulzer wrote:

Is this the right room for an argument?

HA-HAAAA!

I loved Flying Circus!

--
Kent

Old 04-12-2008, 07:25 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> said:

[...]

> only a matter of time. real traffic is down, OT is up... flame wars a
> comin'

Andrew, since it's OT time, tell me more about your International. I
am currently restoring a 1948 IH KB1, myself. Parts and reliable
information are hard to come by for one that old.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
Larry Niven, Steven Barnes

Old 04-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Florian Kulzer

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 12:13:29 -0500, Kent West wrote:
> Florian Kulzer wrote:
>> Is this the right room for an argument?
>>

> HA-HAAAA!
>
> I loved Flying Circus!

No, you didn't!

Florian |

Old 04-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Jan de Groot

On Sat, 2008-04-12 at 12:59 -0400, Eric Belanger wrote:

> >> To get things going, I'll start some of these rebuilds. If you plan to
> >> rebuild your package this week-end or if you have already rebuilt package
> >> on your local machine and were waiting for the cvs->svn move, let me know.
> >> Locally, I have packages for labplot, pstoedit and vips. I'm working on
> >> koffice which will need to be patched for gcc 4.3
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >
> > Inkscape has been built for x86_64-testing, but I think you already
> > noticed that when running archco inkscape. I've done some poppler
> > updates to extra for x86_64 also, these have to be synced with i686
> > still.
>
> Thanks, I was already aware of that because I'm the one who built the
> package. :P
>
> According to TODO (https://dev.archlinux.org/todo/49/), the packages that
> have been rebuilt (and are in testing) so far are:
> transcode
> inkscape
> psiconv
> libfprint
>

> The poppler updates you mentioned don't depends on imagemagick. Did you
> mentionned them just for general information or do they have something to
> do with the imagemagick rebuild?

I mentioned poppler because I did updates to extra-x86_64 for poppler
which had a sobump, requiring me to rebuild inkscape. As poppler went
straight to extra, I rebuilt inkscape for both extra with old
imagemagick and testing with new imagemagick. In the meanwhile I fixed
the detection of ImageMagick in inkscape, as 6.4.0 moved some headers
around.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:40 AM
Andrew Sackville-West

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 02:25:49PM -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> said:
>
> [...]
>
> > only a matter of time. real traffic is down, OT is up... flame wars a
> > comin'
>
> Andrew, since it's OT time, tell me more about your International. I
> am currently restoring a 1948 IH KB1, myself. Parts and reliable
> information are hard to come by for one that old.

Not much to say really. It's a straight six, four speed, 1/2 ton ( I
guess) delivery van. Got sliding doors up front, both sides, but only
one seat. Double doors in the back. Nice rounded corners
throughout. Parts are tricky. We had the brakes fail when one of the
springs died. I took days to find a replacement. I literally went to
this rundown shack of a "brake service" place that you'd swear was
abandoned, but nope, theres this old guy in there. He looks at the
spring and says "nope, ain't got one. International?" SO then after
much pleading, he starts digging through greasy barrels and comes up
with a couple that are *close*... so close. And close enough to work,
but he was right, he didn't have the proper one.

I've got a mechanic who is into old stuff and he always keeps an eye
open for parts trucks. And I guess a lot of the parts are similar
across different models. Eventually, something will break irrevocably
and we'll have to start swapping out non-stock driveline parts or
something like that.

It currently serves as the coolest damn ice cream truck you've ever
seen.

It seems to me that once you get back to '48, you need to be prepared
to fabricate parts. That means when something breaks, you need to keep
*every* scrap of the part for use in creating a new one. And go ahead
and make (or get made) two of them...

Old 04-13-2008, 03:41 AM
Andrew Sackville-West

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 12:50:14AM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 12:13:29 -0500, Kent West wrote:
> > Florian Kulzer wrote:
> >> Is this the right room for an argument?
> >>

> > HA-HAAAA!
> >
> > I loved Flying Circus!