Old 10-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Julien Bonjean

Amit Kucheria wrote:

2008/10/20 Julien Bonjean <julien.bonjean@savoirfairelinux.com>:

Amit Kucheria wrote:

2008/10/17 Julien Bonjean <julien.bonjean@savoirfairelinux.com>:

Hi,

I have some issue with aufs when compiling kernel 2.6.27-7.12 (and
2.6.27-7.11 also) :

ubuntu/aufs/vfsub.c: In function 'do_vfsub_mknod':
ubuntu/aufs/vfsub.c:166: warning: passing argument 3 of 'vfs_mknod' makes
pointer from integer without a cast
ubuntu/aufs/vfsub.c:166: error: too few arguments to function 'vfs_mknod'
ubuntu/aufs/vfsub.c: In function 'do_vfsub_link':
ubuntu/aufs/vfsub.c:191: warning: passing argument 2 of 'vfs_link' from
incompatible pointer type

How are you compiling aufs? As part of the standard Ubuntu kernel? Or
separately? Those errors might point to missing Apparmor adaption.

/Amit

I am compiling aufs as part of the ubuntu kernel.

You will have to give more details about how you compile, what is your
build environment etc. since the normal Ubuntu kernel builds are not
experience these errors.

Ok no problem :
Ubuntu Hardy - 2.6.24-21-generic
gcc (GCC) 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7)

grep -i aufs .config :
CONFIG_AUFS=y
CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_127=y
# CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_511 is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_1023 is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_32767 is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_STAT is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_HINOTIFY is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_EXPORT is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_ROBR is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_DLGT is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_SHWH is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_RR_SQUASHFS is not set
# SECURITY and AUFS_SEC_PERM_PATCH are disabled
# CONFIG_AUFS_SPLICE_PATCH is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_LHASH_PATCH is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_BR_NFS is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_DEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_COMPAT is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_UNIONFS22_PATCH is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_UNIONFS23_PATCH is not set

For compilation, I simply do a 'make'. Another point is that I don't use
modules, everything is built-in.

I didn't apply any patch.
Another point is that I successfully patched and compiled 2.6.27.1
official kernel with aufs support.

Do you need more information ?

Julien

Old 10-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Mike Chambers

Meant to send this to the devel list. Was just wanting thoughts on how
effective it would be to have them for them all, if not some of them
already.