FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-11-2008, 01:18 PM
"David Fox"
 
Default

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Andrew Sackville-West
<andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:

> Hey! I'm almost poor, ignorant of many things, and often boorish, but
> I'll *never* drink cheap beer, you insensitive clod!

You know, thunderbird isn't just a web browser.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Ron Johnson
 
Default

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 04/11/08 08:18, David Fox wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Andrew Sackville-West
> <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey! I'm almost poor, ignorant of many things, and often boorish, but
>> I'll *never* drink cheap beer, you insensitive clod!
>
> You know, thunderbird isn't just a web browser.

Hah!!

(Is that just an Americanism?)

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

We want... a Shrubbery!!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFH/22MS9HxQb37XmcRAuwDAKCtJNRHRaUUyz09u6TRku5vR+qvOAC gsKIC
aj1K2DOhxa5kxMC2WeXGkU4=
=NpFr
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Paul Johnson
 
Default

On Friday 11 April 2008 06:16:21 am Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 04/11/08 07:40, Christopher Judd wrote:
> > On Thursday 10 April 2008, Ron Johnson wrote:
> >> On 04/10/08 13:51, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> >>>>>> [snip]
> >>>>
> >>>> It *is* a pain. Friends in Western NY also say that milk about
> >>>> $3/gal.
> >>>
> >>> Come on guys, it's not fair. You are complaining about 3$/gal for milk
> >>> and gas? What about Europe, where we pay 1EUR/litre (and more) !!!
> >>> According to qalc and current exchange rates:
> >>>
> >>> ~$ qalc 1 EUR / litre to USD / gallon
> >>> (1 * euro) / liter = approx. 6.0093412($ / gal)
> >>
> >> And according to a Brit friend in France, it's $8.15/gal in Toulouse.
> >>
> >> But something's got to be cheaper in Europe...
> >
> > Health care would be a big one.
>
> And taxes are much lower here, and the torte system so different,
> and people so much more eager to sue.

Depends on the country. In France, they pay less taxes, and with those taxes
they get college and healthcare at no extra charge. We coulda done that
ourselves over the last 8 years if the conservatives didn't think it to be
more productive to flush it down the war...

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca
 
Old 04-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Ron Johnson
 
Default

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 04/11/08 10:03, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Friday 11 April 2008 06:16:21 am Ron Johnson wrote:
>> On 04/11/08 07:40, Christopher Judd wrote:
>>> On Thursday 10 April 2008, Ron Johnson wrote:
>>>> On 04/10/08 13:51, Andrei Popescu wrote:
>>>>>>>> [snip]
>>>>>> It *is* a pain. Friends in Western NY also say that milk about
>>>>>> $3/gal.
>>>>> Come on guys, it's not fair. You are complaining about 3$/gal for milk
>>>>> and gas? What about Europe, where we pay 1EUR/litre (and more) !!!
>>>>> According to qalc and current exchange rates:
>>>>>
>>>>> ~$ qalc 1 EUR / litre to USD / gallon
>>>>> (1 * euro) / liter = approx. 6.0093412($ / gal)
>>>> And according to a Brit friend in France, it's $8.15/gal in Toulouse.
>>>>
>>>> But something's got to be cheaper in Europe...
>>> Health care would be a big one.
>> And taxes are much lower here, and the torte system so different,
>> and people so much more eager to sue.
>
> Depends on the country. In France, they pay less taxes, and with those taxes
> they get college and healthcare at no extra charge.

And labor unions so stifling they create 25% unemployment among
young people.

> We coulda done that

> ourselves

Sure, and pigs could fly out my arse if I pushed hard enough. Got
any more fantasies?

> over the last 8 years if the conservatives didn't think it to be
> more productive to flush it down the war...

Clinton didn't do it, so what makes you think that Gore or JFK would
have done it?

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

We want... a Shrubbery!!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFH/4EkS9HxQb37XmcRAj1sAJ9YAra8ITvolTj2Ti6HNo/T2uQ1OACfZU/w
UXzhhCvoJHbHYChurN/QnSY=
=4d4O
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-11-2008, 03:23 PM
"Damon L. Chesser"
 
Default

Paul Johnson wrote:

On Friday 11 April 2008 06:16:21 am Ron Johnson wrote:


On 04/11/08 07:40, Christopher Judd wrote:


On Thursday 10 April 2008, Ron Johnson wrote:


On 04/10/08 13:51, Andrei Popescu wrote:


[snip]


It *is* a pain. Friends in Western NY also say that milk about
$3/gal.


Come on guys, it's not fair. You are complaining about 3$/gal for milk
and gas? What about Europe, where we pay 1EUR/litre (and more) !!!
According to qalc and current exchange rates:

~$ qalc 1 EUR / litre to USD / gallon
(1 * euro) / liter = approx. 6.0093412($ / gal)


And according to a Brit friend in France, it's $8.15/gal in Toulouse.

But something's got to be cheaper in Europe...


Health care would be a big one.


And taxes are much lower here, and the torte system so different,
and people so much more eager to sue.



Depends on the country. In France, they pay less taxes, and with those taxes
they get college and healthcare at no extra charge. We coulda done that
ourselves over the last 8 years if the conservatives didn't think it to be
more productive to flush it down the war...



Or think that the gov doesn't/shouldn't need to provide for my
necessitates (as I think). Imagine what an economy we would have (in the
USA) if we were not paying for the war AND not taking peoples hard
earned cash to give for "college and health care". IMHO, if you want
college, get a job, pay for the class one at a time and save your
money. Why should I pay for your education and your health care? Pay
for it yourself. Do the math: save your insurance premium every month
and in a year, you could pay CASH for major surgery (but not
catastrophic care). I think socialism on a volunteer basis is a fine
thing, I think on a mandatory basis, it is nothing short of theft. Yes,
I do donate large amounts of my cash to charities, no I am not by any
def. wealthy. And yes, I paid out of my pocket $10K in health costs
this year alone. I practice what I preach. Less Gov is the solution,
not mandatory coverage. "The Great Society" of LBJ is what started this
health care mess, it did not fix anything. Study your history. And
while I am ranting, it is not your employers job to pay for your health
care either, and if they do, it is just a benefit, not a right. In
almost all cases, you can get better coverage yourself for cheaper, just
your boss will not be assisting your payments.


Phew, I feel better. I am now donning my fire suite.

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-11-2008, 05:54 PM
"Ederson de Moura"
 
Default

Hi all,

I am trying to install the packages of Qt/Trolltech by "yum", but the
Qt comes without the support of exceptions,
it possible enable that?

I do not want to compile the Qt manually!

Best regards, edm.

--
Ederson de Moura
"Your mind is like a parachute: it works better when open."
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 04-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Kevin Mark
 
Default

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 08:54:20AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> On 04/11/08 08:18, David Fox wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Andrew Sackville-West
> > <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hey! I'm almost poor, ignorant of many things, and often boorish, but
> >> I'll *never* drink cheap beer, you insensitive clod!
> >
> > You know, thunderbird isn't just a web browser.
>
> Hah!!
>
> (Is that just an Americanism?)
Thunderbird is a brand of cheap alcohol mostly drunk by winos --bums. It
is noted for the logo on the bottle which is a bird.
-K
--
| .'`. == Debian GNU/Linux == | my web site: |
| : :' : The Universal |mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/|
| `. `' Operating System | go to counter.li.org and |
| `- http://www.debian.org/ | be counted! #238656 |
| my keyserver: subkeys.pgp.net | my NPO: cfsg.org |
|join the new debian-community.org to help Debian! |
|_______ Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Rich Healey
 
Default

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 04/10/08 13:51, Andrei Popescu wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 04:04:30PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
>>> On 04/06/08 15:51, Paul Johnson wrote:
>>>> On Sunday 06 April 2008 05:03:13 am Ron Johnson wrote:
>>>>> On 04/06/08 02:20, Nate Duehr wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> [snip]
>>>>>
>>>>>> What a deal! I bet ALL of the "concerned parents" will be sending BOTH
>>>>>> the difference in their original taxes in 2006 and their rebate checks
>>>>>> straight to the education system. (Rolling eyes.)
>>>>> Yes, I'm sure we will. With gas at .gt. US$3/gal and milk at .gt.
>>>>> US$4/gal
>>>> Wow, sucks to be you... I can't remember a time where milk has been more than
>>>> $3/gal even during a shortage...
>>> It *is* a pain. Friends in Western NY also say that milk about $3/gal.
>
>> Come on guys, it's not fair. You are complaining about 3$/gal for milk
>> and gas? What about Europe, where we pay 1EUR/litre (and more) !!!
>> According to qalc and current exchange rates:
>
>> ~$ qalc 1 EUR / litre to USD / gallon
>> (1 * euro) / liter = approx. 6.0093412($ / gal)
>
> And according to a Brit friend in France, it's $8.15/gal in Toulouse.
>
> But something's got to be cheaper in Europe...
>
pfft. i pay $1.60 AUD a litre for diesel.

Petrol prices ar buggered everywhere.. which makes me wonder.. why iraq?

wasn't freedom.. and based on evidence sure as bloody hell wasn't oil!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFH/63uLeTfO4yBSAcRAswxAJ9ZNOaDJYS41MLFEGpzTvfS1OlUkQC gjT0G
cfdFmkzHxU+zTZvwKjkumQk=
=5nPb
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Ron Johnson
 
Default

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 04/11/08 13:02, Kevin Mark wrote:
[snip]
> Thunderbird is a brand of cheap alcohol mostly drunk by winos --bums. It

Shame on you for insinuating such a mean thing about the Differently
Drinking!!!!

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

We want... a Shrubbery!!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFH/77MS9HxQb37XmcRApQKAKDccyWTwqyW39cgANn2XXWbjnibpAC eJvjh
TVOAZnbegZjG4tp9q9EMnaY=
=0vgf
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Paul Johnson
 
Default

On Friday 11 April 2008 08:17:56 am Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 04/11/08 10:03, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > On Friday 11 April 2008 06:16:21 am Ron Johnson wrote:
> >> On 04/11/08 07:40, Christopher Judd wrote:
> >>> On Thursday 10 April 2008, Ron Johnson wrote:
> >>>> On 04/10/08 13:51, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> >>>>>>>> [snip]
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> It *is* a pain. Friends in Western NY also say that milk about
> >>>>>> $3/gal.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Come on guys, it's not fair. You are complaining about 3$/gal for
> >>>>> milk and gas? What about Europe, where we pay 1EUR/litre (and more)
> >>>>> !!! According to qalc and current exchange rates:
> >>>>>
> >>>>> ~$ qalc 1 EUR / litre to USD / gallon
> >>>>> (1 * euro) / liter = approx. 6.0093412($ / gal)
> >>>>
> >>>> And according to a Brit friend in France, it's $8.15/gal in Toulouse.
> >>>>
> >>>> But something's got to be cheaper in Europe...
> >>>
> >>> Health care would be a big one.
> >>
> >> And taxes are much lower here, and the torte system so different,
> >> and people so much more eager to sue.
> >
> > Depends on the country. In France, they pay less taxes, and with those
> > taxes they get college and healthcare at no extra charge.
>
> And labor unions so stifling they create 25% unemployment among
> young people.

The labor movement is not a bad thing. Once you do get a job, you get paid a
family living wage with decent benefits. We once had the same thing in the
US, and the American middle class was far and away better off then, than we
are now.

> We coulda done that
> >
> > ourselves
>
> Sure, and pigs could fly out my arse if I pushed hard enough. Got
> any more fantasies?

We're talking about $12 billion every month. That's a shit-ton of money by
any standard, and it's not like it's going to productive use the way it's
currently being spent.

> > over the last 8 years if the conservatives didn't think it to
> > be more productive to flush it down the war...
>
> Clinton didn't do it, so what makes you think that Gore or JFK would
> have done it?

Probably because FDR did it last time we were this fucked. Just because he's
dead now doesn't mean he didn't have good ideas that worked wonders, contrary
to what Rush thinks.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:33 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org