Old 04-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Eric Lavarde

your first move to write to debian-user was the right one, debian-java
is meant for Java package developers, not for Java users.

This said, your easiest move is probably to remove
java-gcj-compat-plugin and install sun-java5-plugin (or
sun-java6-plugin, can't remember if it was already on etch).

But your best move is probably to try OpenOffice, but that's another story.

Eric

Frank Charles Gallacher wrote:

(I originally sent this to "debian-users" list. Sorry)