Old 10-05-2008, 12:05 PM

Dear All,

In Text Mode, thanks.

Edward.

-------- Original Message --------

Subject:
Which services must be started up in FC9

Date:
Sun, 05 Oct 2008 19:56:40 +0800

From:
edwardspl@ita.org.mo

Fedora. <fedora-list@redhat.com>

To:
fedora-list@redhat.com <fedora-list@redhat.com>

Dear All,

Would you mind to tell me which services must be started up by ntsysv in
FC9 ?

Thanks !

Edward.

http://www.nod32.com.hk

Old 10-05-2008, 04:09 PM

Dear All,

How can we enable the services of "syslog-ng" and "sysstat" in FC9 Text
mode ?

Thanks,

Edward.

Olteanu Eugen wrote:

Ok you dont seem to have any problem with your
modules..so you dont need to modify anything in modprobe.conf. This
means your network is fine..

The ntsysv tools shows a list of services that are off or on at a
normal reboot. Depending on what you use that computer for you might
have more servers "on".

Here are the ones that I have "on":

acpid

avahi-daemon

cpuspeed

crond

gpm

haldaemon

httpd

iptables

irqbalance

mdmonitor

messagebus

mysqld

network

sshd

syslog-ng

sysstat

xinetd

Also you should know that if you have a graphical machine (kde/gnome)
then you are in lvl 5. If you boot in text mode you are in lvl 3.

So I have all those services on in lvl 5. If you switch to lvl 3 there
might be others on.

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 3:20 PM, <edwardspl@ita.org.mo>