Old 10-02-2008, 01:35 PM
"Ted Roche"

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why forward publicly accessibly messages from one list to another
> within the same community?

I look at it from a different perspective: I think the -announce list
is a low-traffic list that only re-posts announcements from the
-discuss list that should be read by all. I'd prefer the -announce
list as a subset of -discuss. I've seen it work that way in several
other communities and think it's helpful. Reposting announcements to
discuss automatically creates the discussion thread that an
announcement might kick off.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC

Old 10-02-2008, 02:28 PM

Dear you,

Do you means if the NIC replaced with a new one ( hardware fail ) or
need to be installed the second NIC to the motherboard, the system (
such as FC9 ) will auto update the current NIC config and driver ( IP
address by manual ) , right ?
So, we needn't to running any tool ( cmd ) to update udev / modprobe (
system default ) ?

Thnaks !

Edward.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:36 PM