Old 09-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Gene Heskett

On Sunday 07 September 2008, Tony Molloy wrote:
>On Sunday 07 September 2008 07:49:18 David C. Chipman wrote:
>> On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 14:03:08 -0500
>>
>> Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:
>> > Replace $arch with $arch.newkey to get to the new updates and
>> > updates-testing trees. I haven't seen an update to the release trees
>> > show up yet.
>>
>> Hi Bruno,
>>
>> I'm trying to take your advice about changing $arch to
>> $arch.newkey, and it doesn't make any difference. *Where* exactly
>> should the changes be made? I modified the fedora.repo and
>> fedora-updates.repo files, with no change. Thanks,
>>
>> -David Chipman
>
>In the fedora-updates repo change the baseurl to:
>
>baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/$releasev
>er/ i386.newkey
>
>Please use a mirror rather than download.fedora

I couldn't make a mirror even try to work, so I made it as above, then chose
only the yum-keys file, but it refuses to install using yumex.
04:01:15 : Error checking package signatures:
Public key for yum-keys-1.1.15-1.fc8.noarch.rpm is not installed

Advice?

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

> > Wait. Don't you mean:

Yes. Just ignore me when I show extreme signs of Alzheimers.

- Linus Torvalds on linux-kernel

Old 09-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Ed Greshko

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 07 September 2008, Tony Molloy wrote:
>
>> On Sunday 07 September 2008 07:49:18 David C. Chipman wrote:

>>> Hi Bruno,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to take your advice about changing $arch to
>>> $arch.newkey, and it doesn't make any difference. *Where* exactly
>>> should the changes be made? I modified the fedora.repo and
>>> fedora-updates.repo files, with no change. Thanks,
>>>
>>> -David Chipman
>>>
>> In the fedora-updates repo change the baseurl to:
>>
>> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/$releasev
>> er/ i386.newkey
>>
>> Please use a mirror rather than download.fedora
>>

> I couldn't make a mirror even try to work, so I made it as above, then chose
> only the yum-keys file, but it refuses to install using yumex.
> 04:01:15 : Error checking package signatures:
> Public key for yum-keys-1.1.15-1.fc8.noarch.rpm is not installed
>
> Advice?

Do you think that waiting for the official announcement and procedure
from the Fedora Project is a good/valid idea? Do you think that
following unofficial advice and procedures may result in a
mis-configured system that may need more attention later? Would that be
acceptable?

--
Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Tony Molloy

On Sunday 07 September 2008 09:05:17 Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 07 September 2008, Tony Molloy wrote:
> >On Sunday 07 September 2008 07:49:18 David C. Chipman wrote:

> >> Hi Bruno,
> >>
> >> I'm trying to take your advice about changing $arch to
> >> $arch.newkey, and it doesn't make any difference. *Where* exactly
> >> should the changes be made? I modified the fedora.repo and
> >> fedora-updates.repo files, with no change. Thanks,
> >>
> >> -David Chipman
> >
> >In the fedora-updates repo change the baseurl to:
> >
> >baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/$releas
> >ev er/ i386.newkey
> >
> >Please use a mirror rather than download.fedora
>
> I couldn't make a mirror even try to work, so I made it as above, then
> chose only the yum-keys file, but it refuses to install using yumex.
> 04:01:15 : Error checking package signatures:
> Public key for yum-keys-1.1.15-1.fc8.noarch.rpm is not installed
>
> Advice?
>
> Thanks.

I haven't tried it using yumex. But I could have the same problem when it
comes to the actual install as I said it's currently doing the download. You
could try setting the gpgkey=0 to switch off gpg-key checking.

Tony

Old 09-07-2008, 08:33 AM
"Ivan Cat"

> 04:01:15 : Error checking package signatures:
> Public key for yum-keys-1.1.15-1.fc8.noarch.rpm is not installed
>
> Advice?
>
> Thanks.

to avoid this you may use --nogpgcheck for yum, doubt that can be set
up in yumex

Ivan Cat

Old 09-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Gene Heskett

On Sunday 07 September 2008, Ed Greshko wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> In the fedora-updates repo change the baseurl to:
>>>
>>> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/$relea
>>>sev er/ i386.newkey
>>>
>>> Please use a mirror rather than download.fedora
>>
>> I couldn't make a mirror even try to work, so I made it as above, then
>> chose only the yum-keys file, but it refuses to install using yumex.
>> 04:01:15 : Error checking package signatures:
>> Public key for yum-keys-1.1.15-1.fc8.noarch.rpm is not installed
>>
>> Advice?
>
>Do you think that waiting for the official announcement and procedure
>from the Fedora Project is a good/valid idea? Do you think that
>following unofficial advice and procedures may result in a
>mis-configured system that may need more attention later? Would that be
>acceptable?

I thought that since I am not on the announce list. I had missed it.
>--
>Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
You look like a million dollars. All green and wrinkled.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Gene Heskett

On Sunday 07 September 2008, Tony Molloy wrote:
>On Sunday 07 September 2008 09:05:17 Gene Heskett wrote:

>> >In the fedora-updates repo change the baseurl to:
>> >
>> >baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/$relea
>> >s ev er/ i386.newkey
>> >
>> >Please use a mirror rather than download.fedora
>>
>> I couldn't make a mirror even try to work, so I made it as above, then
>> chose only the yum-keys file, but it refuses to install using yumex.
>> 04:01:15 : Error checking package signatures:
>> Public key for yum-keys-1.1.15-1.fc8.noarch.rpm is not installed
>>
>> Advice?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
>I haven't tried it using yumex. But I could have the same problem when it
>comes to the actual install as I said it's currently doing the download. You
>could try setting the gpgkey=0 to switch off gpg-key checking.
>
>Tony

Thanks Tony. I might have to do that, but I just caught hell for jumping the
gun.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:41 AM
Tony Molloy

On Sunday 07 September 2008 09:23:16 Ed Greshko wrote:
> Gene Heskett wrote:

> >> In the fedora-updates repo change the baseurl to:
> >>
> >> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/$rele
> >>asev er/ i386.newkey
> >>
> >> Please use a mirror rather than download.fedora
> >
> > I couldn't make a mirror even try to work, so I made it as above, then
> > chose only the yum-keys file, but it refuses to install using yumex.
> > 04:01:15 : Error checking package signatures:
> > Public key for yum-keys-1.1.15-1.fc8.noarch.rpm is not installed
> >
> > Advice?
>
> Do you think that waiting for the official announcement and procedure
> from the Fedora Project is a good/valid idea? Do you think that
> following unofficial advice and procedures may result in a
> mis-configured system that may need more attention later? Would that be
> acceptable?

In my case there's a reason for doing the update and as I said I'm doing it on
a TEST laptop to check it out first.

I've just installed Fedora-9 on approx two hundred workstations last week and
will have several hundred students back tomorrow. So I was hoping to get the
update done today and not to have to do it during semester.

Tony

Old 09-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Ed Greshko

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 07 September 2008, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> I couldn't make a mirror even try to work, so I made it as above, then
>>> chose only the yum-keys file, but it refuses to install using yumex.
>>> 04:01:15 : Error checking package signatures:
>>> Public key for yum-keys-1.1.15-1.fc8.noarch.rpm is not installed
>>>
>>> Advice?
>>>
>> Do you think that waiting for the official announcement and procedure
>>
> >from the Fedora Project is a good/valid idea? Do you think that
>
>> following unofficial advice and procedures may result in a
>> mis-configured system that may need more attention later? Would that be
>> acceptable?
>>

> I thought that since I am not on the announce list. I had missed it.
No, you haven't missed it. The last message to the announce list on
this was on the 5th with the subject, oddly enough, of "/Subject/:
Fedora 8 and 9 updates status". And, it was quoted in the first email
of this thread.

--
Robot priest: And so we commend Vladimir's remains to the earth: filings
to filings, rust to rust.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Ed Greshko

Tony Molloy wrote:
> On Sunday 07 September 2008 09:23:16 Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> I couldn't make a mirror even try to work, so I made it as above, then
>>> chose only the yum-keys file, but it refuses to install using yumex.
>>> 04:01:15 : Error checking package signatures:
>>> Public key for yum-keys-1.1.15-1.fc8.noarch.rpm is not installed
>>>
>>> Advice?
>>>
>> Do you think that waiting for the official announcement and procedure
>> from the Fedora Project is a good/valid idea? Do you think that
>> following unofficial advice and procedures may result in a
>> mis-configured system that may need more attention later? Would that be
>> acceptable?
>>

> In my case there's a reason for doing the update and as I said I'm doing it on
> a TEST laptop to check it out first.
>
> I've just installed Fedora-9 on approx two hundred workstations last week and
> will have several hundred students back tomorrow. So I was hoping to get the
> update done today and not to have to do it during semester.

Well, for your sake, I certainly hope that there are no security related
kernel updates issued after the semester begins...otherwise you may be
compelled to update those two hundred workstations again anyway. :-)

--
Calculon: An Oscar, you say? That would get me out of this festering
rats' nest called television once and for all.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:46 AM
"Arthur Pemberton"

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 3:41 AM, Tony Molloy <tony.molloy@ul.ie> wrote:
> On Sunday 07 September 2008 09:23:16 Ed Greshko wrote:
>> Gene Heskett wrote:

>> > I couldn't make a mirror even try to work, so I made it as above, then
>> > chose only the yum-keys file, but it refuses to install using yumex.
>> > 04:01:15 : Error checking package signatures:
>> > Public key for yum-keys-1.1.15-1.fc8.noarch.rpm is not installed
>> >
>> > Advice?
>>
>> Do you think that waiting for the official announcement and procedure
>> from the Fedora Project is a good/valid idea? Do you think that
>> following unofficial advice and procedures may result in a
>> mis-configured system that may need more attention later? Would that be
>> acceptable?
>>

> In my case there's a reason for doing the update and as I said I'm doing it on
> a TEST laptop to check it out first.
>
> I've just installed Fedora-9 on approx two hundred workstations last week and
> will have several hundred students back tomorrow. So I was hoping to get the
> update done today and not to have to do it during semester.
>
> Tony

Sounds like a good reason to me.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin