Old 04-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Steven Stern

Default Information VirtualBox

On 04/10/2010 01:51 PM, David Bartmess wrote:
> I'm in the process of installing a new VM on VirtualBox under Fedora 12,
> and was wondering about the placement of files. To be short, where would
> the VM put any files that are created by, say Quicken. Are they saved in
> a specific directory, or are they bundled into the VM disk file?
>
> Basically, I want to be able to back them up with the rest of my Linux
> files but if they're created within the VM and saved with the VM file,
> then I wouldn't be able to back them up, would I?
>
> Thanks!

They're in the VM. BUT, you can create shared drives between the host
and guest. In my case, ~/vm_shared is available to my Windows XP guest.
When I use the Amazon downloader in XP, it puts its downloads in
~/vm_shared/music, although it sees it as "L:". So, you could put
create a directory for your quicken files and make that directory
available to the VM.

--
-- Steve