Old 04-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Marvin Kosmal

Default is skype using encryption?

HI

If you are on a hub. Everyone on that hub gets to see all your traffic..

There are program to break passwords.

YMMV

Marvin

Old 04-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Alan Cox

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 15:58:44 +0200
Jozsi Vadkan <jozsi.avadkan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can someone [same subnet, e.g.: with a hub, not switch..] sniff my skype

(Switches just make sniffing harder)

> password when i'm using Skype? Is it encrypted?

I'm always wary of pointing people at Wackypedia but in this case the
references it has are probablya good summary

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skype_security

Old 04-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Jozsi Vadkan