Old 04-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Philip Rhoades

Default Stopping Audio CD automatically playing on F12

People,

I am using:

kernel-2.6.32.10-90.fc12.x86_64

with PulseAudio uninstalled (ie using ALSA) and I want to prevent Audio
CDs from automatically playing when I put them into the drive. I have
turned off ALL automatic options for ALL media using:

thunar - Edit - Preferences - Volume Management - Configure

and restarted Gnome but the behaviour persists - what am I missing?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia
E-mail: phil@pricom.com.au

Old 04-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Aioanei Rares

On 04/08/2010 06:17 PM, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> People,
>
> I am using:
>
> kernel-2.6.32.10-90.fc12.x86_64
>
> with PulseAudio uninstalled (ie using ALSA) and I want to prevent Audio
> CDs from automatically playing when I put them into the drive. I have
> turned off ALL automatic options for ALL media using:
>
> thunar - Edit - Preferences - Volume Management - Configure
>
> and restarted Gnome but the behaviour persists - what am I missing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil.

Since Thunar is a XFCE app, what are you using? XFCE or Gnome?

Old 04-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Aioanei Rares

Old 04-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Philip Rhoades

Aioanei,

On 2010-04-09 01:53, Aioanei Rares wrote:
> On 04/08/2010 06:17 PM, Philip Rhoades wrote:
>> People,
>>
>> I am using:
>>
>> kernel-2.6.32.10-90.fc12.x86_64
>>
>> with PulseAudio uninstalled (ie using ALSA) and I want to prevent Audio
>> CDs from automatically playing when I put them into the drive. I have
>> turned off ALL automatic options for ALL media using:
>>
>> thunar - Edit - Preferences - Volume Management - Configure
>>
>> and restarted Gnome but the behaviour persists - what am I missing?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Phil.
>
> Since Thunar is a XFCE app, what are you using? XFCE or Gnome?

Ah . . I couldn't find anything on the Gnome menus and found the comment
about thunar when Googling - so how do you do it with Gnome?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia
E-mail: phil@pricom.com.au

Old 04-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Philip Rhoades

Aioanei,

Old 04-09-2010, 12:31 AM
Rick Stevens

On 04/08/2010 04:38 PM, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> Aioanei,
>

> On 2010-04-09 01:53, Aioanei Rares wrote:
>> On 04/08/2010 06:17 PM, Philip Rhoades wrote:
>>> People,
>>>
>>> I am using:
>>>
>>> kernel-2.6.32.10-90.fc12.x86_64
>>>
>>> with PulseAudio uninstalled (ie using ALSA) and I want to prevent Audio
>>> CDs from automatically playing when I put them into the drive. I have
>>> turned off ALL automatic options for ALL media using:
>>>
>>> thunar - Edit - Preferences - Volume Management - Configure
>>>
>>> and restarted Gnome but the behaviour persists - what am I missing?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Phil.
> >
>> Since Thunar is a XFCE app, what are you using? XFCE or Gnome?
>

> Ah . . I couldn't find anything on the Gnome menus and found the comment
> about thunar when Googling - so how do you do it with Gnome?

System->Preferences->File Management->Media tab. Go to the "CD Audio"
dropdown and make a selection. You may also need to futz with the
"Music Player" dropdown.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:53 AM
Philip Rhoades

People,

On 2010-04-09 09:38, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> Aioanei,
>

> On 2010-04-09 01:53, Aioanei Rares wrote:
>> On 04/08/2010 06:17 PM, Philip Rhoades wrote:
>>> People,
>>>
>>> I am using:
>>>
>>> kernel-2.6.32.10-90.fc12.x86_64
>>>
>>> with PulseAudio uninstalled (ie using ALSA) and I want to prevent Audio
>>> CDs from automatically playing when I put them into the drive. I have
>>> turned off ALL automatic options for ALL media using:
>>>
>>> thunar - Edit - Preferences - Volume Management - Configure
>>>
>>> and restarted Gnome but the behaviour persists - what am I missing?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Phil.
> >
>> Since Thunar is a XFCE app, what are you using? XFCE or Gnome?
>

> Ah . . I couldn't find anything on the Gnome menus and found the comment
> about thunar when Googling - so how do you do it with Gnome?

On Gnome I just found:

System - File Management - Media Handling

- I changed everything to "Do Nothing" but when I insert an audio CD,
the system is continually trying start playing it - flashing an Audio CD
icon on the desktop every few seconds. I might change back to LXDE and
see what happens there.

Thanks,

Phil.
--