Old 04-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Kevin Martin

Default fedora 12 ping doesn't respect /etc/nsswitch.conf?

Trying to ping a host that should resolv (via /etc/hosts) to an
particular IP address and via DNS to a different address, I find that
ping picks up the second address, not the first. My /etc/nsswitch.conf
specifically lists "hosts: files dns" but an strace of the ping clearly
shows that it's not even looking at /etc/nsswitch.conf. When did this
change?

Kevin

Old 04-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Kevin Martin

On 04/07/2010 02:42 PM, Kevin Martin wrote:
> Trying to ping a host that should resolv (via /etc/hosts) to an
> particular IP address and via DNS to a different address, I find that
> ping picks up the second address, not the first. My /etc/nsswitch.conf
> specifically lists "hosts: files dns" but an strace of the ping clearly
> shows that it's not even looking at /etc/nsswitch.conf. When did this
> change?
>
> Kevin

Never mind. Failed for the lack of a . after com.

Kevin