Old 04-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Alberto Ferrante

Default Flickering screen with kernel 2.6.32

Old 04-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Dale Dellutri

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 6:45 AM, Alberto Ferrante <alberto_ferrante@yahoo.it> wrote:

Dear all,

I run Fedora 12 on my IBM T60 laptop and with the last two kernel

releases (the two 2.6.32 ones) I have a strange problem. All is fine on

the laptop screen. Thought, when I connect the computer to the docking

station the images on the external screen are flickering. To be precise,

the image is stable in a small section located in the center of the

screen, but it is not in all the other parts. The T60 has an ATI graphic

card and I am using the radeon driver provided in the kernel. All works

fine with previous kernels (at the moment I am using the

2.6.31.12-174.2.22.fc12.i686 release).

Have you tested with and without nomodeset?
* cat /proc/cmdline

What video card?
* lspci | grep -i video

What ati drivers?
* rpm -qa | grep -- -ati

*--
Dale Dellutri

Old 04-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Alberto Ferrante

Old 04-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Dale Dellutri

>> I run Fedora 12 on my IBM T60 laptop and with the last two kernel

>> releases (the two 2.6.32 ones) I have a strange problem. All is fine on

>> the laptop screen. Thought, when I connect the computer to the docking

>> station the images on the external screen are flickering. To be precise,

>> the image is stable in a small section located in the center of the

>> screen, but it is not in all the other parts. The T60 has an ATI graphic

>> card and I am using the radeon driver provided in the kernel. All works

>> fine with previous kernels (at the moment I am using the

>> 2.6.31.12-174.2.22.fc12.i686 release).

> Have you tested with and without nomodeset?

> * cat /proc/cmdline

Actually using nomodeset solves the problem, thanks for suggesting this!!

> What video card?

> * lspci | grep -i video

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility

X1400

> What ati drivers?

The radeon drivers provided in the kernel (radeon kernel module, radeon

xorg driver).

Please report this via bugzilla, and attach dmesg and Xorg.0.log with and without
nomodeset so that the bug is documented.

--
Dale Dellutri