Old 04-07-2010, 05:42 AM
George R Goffe

Default KDE problems.

Howdy,

I suppose this should be sent to the KDE folks but I'm not sure.

I'm a recent convert (shudder) to KDE 4.x and am looking for a way to do what I used to do with KDE 3.x.

I have 2 questions:

1) Is there a conversion document that collects all this configuration information in one place by any chance? I chose KDE some time ago (several years) because of it's "Control Center" which gathered all the config options I wanted in ONE PLACE and not all over the landscape as Gnome was (maybe still is?).

2) I used to be able to map "alt up/down" arrows to raise/lower the "current" Widget. Apparently this capability no longer exists?

Any/all help/hints/tips/suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

George...

"It's not what you know that hurts you, It's what you know that ain't so." Wil
Rogers

Old 04-07-2010, 05:49 AM
Ed Greshko

On 04/07/2010 01:42 PM, George R Goffe wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I suppose this should be sent to the KDE folks but I'm not sure.
>
> I'm a recent convert (shudder) to KDE 4.x and am looking for a way to
> do what I used to do with KDE 3.x.

I don't quite understand why you'd shudder. I moved to KDE 4.3 from KDE
3.5 and haven't looked back. Of course I treated the move like a
divorce and not like death.

> I have 2 questions:
>
> 1) Is there a conversion document that collects all this configuration
> information in one place by any chance? I chose KDE some time ago
> (several years) because of it's "Control Center" which gathered all
> the config options I wanted in ONE PLACE and not all over the
> landscape as Gnome was (maybe still is?).

I'm a "classic" menu guy. From the menu... Settings-->System Settings
brings up a collection of setting menus.

> 2) I used to be able to map "alt up/down" arrows to raise/lower the
> "current" Widget. Apparently this capability no longer exists?

I don't know quite what you mean...

--
How do you get holy water? Boil the hell out of it. Guess Who!
http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7

Old 04-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 22:42 -0700, George R Goffe wrote:
> I suppose this should be sent to the KDE folks but I'm not sure.

Note that the Fedora KDE list exists to discuss issues with KDE under
Fedora. See https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/kde

poc