Old 04-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Euplycidus Aerofram

Default Compiler package

I just bought a stripped down Fedora VM from an ISP, and I've been
hunting and pecking to get gcc, make, glibc, and the other 5,000
little dependancies installed. Here's the question:

Is there a single binary package/rpm that has all this neatly put
together?

Old 04-07-2010, 12:40 AM
Chris Tyler

On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 19:32 -0500, Euplycidus Aerofram wrote:
> I just bought a stripped down Fedora VM from an ISP, and I've been
> hunting and pecking to get gcc, make, glibc, and the other 5,000
> little dependancies installed. Here's the question:
>
> Is there a single binary package/rpm that has all this neatly put
> together?

This command...

yum groupinstall "Development Tools" "Development Libraries"

... Should give you the basics in one fell swoop. There are additional
development groups available (for Java, Web, and so forth), to see them
try:

yum grouplist|grep -i development

-Chris

Old 04-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Craig White

On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 19:32 -0500, Euplycidus Aerofram wrote:
> I just bought a stripped down Fedora VM from an ISP, and I've been
> hunting and pecking to get gcc, make, glibc, and the other 5,000
> little dependancies installed. Here's the question:
>
> Is there a single binary package/rpm that has all this neatly put
> together?
----
not sure but I think...

yum groupinstall Development Tools