Old 04-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Tanguy Eric

Default Packagekit gnome and proxy

I would like to know how to enable a proxy for packagekit. I know I can
use proxy in yum.conf but is it possible to use proxy server in gnome
preferences ?

Thanks
Eric

Old 04-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Richard Hughes

2010/4/2 Tanguy Eric <eric.tanguy@univ-nantes.fr>:
> I would like to know how to enable a proxy for packagekit. I know I can use
> proxy in yum.conf but is it possible to use proxy server in gnome
> preferences ?

Yup, just set the proxy in System->Preferences->Network Proxy, or edit
/etc/PackageKit/PackageKit.conf if you want something system wide.

Richard

Old 04-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Tanguy Eric

I would like to know how to enable a proxy for packagekit. I know I can use
proxy in yum.conf but is it possible to use proxy server in gnome
preferences ?

Yup, just set the proxy in System->Preferences->Network Proxy, or edit
/etc/PackageKit/PackageKit.conf if you want something system wide.

Richard

Are you sure ? All i try like this does not seem to work unless i modify
yum.conf ..

Eric

Old 04-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Suvayu Ali

On Friday 09 April 2010 01:39 AM, Tanguy Eric wrote:
> Le 02/04/2010 23:18, Richard Hughes a écrit :
>> 2010/4/2 Tanguy Eric<eric.tanguy@univ-nantes.fr>:
>>> I would like to know how to enable a proxy for packagekit. I know I
>>> can use
>>> proxy in yum.conf but is it possible to use proxy server in gnome
>>> preferences ?
>> Yup, just set the proxy in System->Preferences->Network Proxy, or edit
>> /etc/PackageKit/PackageKit.conf if you want something system wide.
>>
>> Richard
> Are you sure ? All i try like this does not seem to work unless i modify
> yum.conf ..

Well ... Richard is one of the nice PackageKit developers ...

> Eric

BTW Richard, PackageKit has come a long way. I use it more and more and
fall back to yum only for really non-standard tasks.

Thumbs up to the devs.
--
Suvayu

Old 04-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Tanguy Eric

I would like to know how to enable a proxy for packagekit. I know I
can use

proxy in yum.conf but is it possible to use proxy server in gnome
preferences ?

Yup, just set the proxy in System->Preferences->Network Proxy, or edit
/etc/PackageKit/PackageKit.conf if you want something system wide.

Richard
Are you sure ? All i try like this does not seem to work unless i
modify yum.conf ..

Eric

Sorry i don't explain why but now it works fine with