Old 03-03-2010, 01:04 PM
"T. Horsnell"

Default FC12+control-center-extras -> DEATH

Hi all,

Having just spent a nice few days moving over to FC12 I thought I'd add
the final touch and install control-center-extras so that I could regain
focus control over my windows. (Why was this removed to an optional extra I wonder?)
The result of doing this is that I now get millions of instantiations of the
Gnome File-Manager and everythib=ng eventually grinds to a halt.

My way out of this was to break into basic screen mode with CTRL/ALT/F1
then modify /etc/inittab to force the system to start up in mode3 instead of
mode5 and reboot. This then gave me the oppotunity to 'yum remove control-center-extras'
but this hasnt fixed the problem.

I had previously tried installing the ndiswrapper stuff, and so was running with
kernel 2.6.31.5-127.fc12.i686.PAE, but rebooting with the original kernel
(2.6.31.12-174.2.22.fc12.i686) makes no difference.

Does anyone know a fix for this or have I got to do a complete re-install?

Cheers,
Terry