Old 03-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Dj YB

Default "safely remove" & device shutdown

hello, when doing a "safely remove" in windows my usb thumb drive sandisk
cruzer u3 power off, but when it is done in dolphin, there is no visible
indication from the device.
is that a problem?
what about external usb hdd?
thanks,
YB.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Joachim Backes

hello, when doing a "safely remove" in windows my usb thumb drive sandisk
cruzer u3 power off, but when it is done in dolphin, there is no visible
indication from the device.
is that a problem?
what about external usb hdd?

In GNOME: There is an eject button (click "computer", then right click
on the device icon, then say eject).

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes

Old 03-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Joachim Backes

hello, when doing a "safely remove" in windows my usb thumb drive sandisk
cruzer u3 power off, but when it is done in dolphin, there is no visible
indication from the device.
is that a problem?
what about external usb hdd?

In *GNOME*: There is an eject button (click "computer", then right click
on the device icon, then

*savely remove*.

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes