Old 03-02-2010, 05:30 AM
Ashley

Default Which backup program should one use? Was Risks of backing up live mounted filesystems using dump(8)

Also take
a look at star

(much the same as tar, but improved)

I have been using star with good results.

A limitation I found with tar was long filenames, with multiple tapes.

Was not supposed to be a limitation, but crashed every time.

Best Regards

ashley