Old 03-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Kevin Kofler

Default texlive 2009

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> The packaging work has been going on for a while, but wasn't ready in
> time for F12. It's targeted for inclusion in F13.

I doubt it's gonna make F13, we're well past feature freeze now and it's
still not in. The literally thousands of review requests are going to take
forever. :-(

Kevin Kofler

Old 03-15-2010, 02:54 AM
Mail Llists

On 03/01/2010 04:49 PM, Berkin Malkoc wrote:

> Bonjour Monsieur Patte,
>
> I hope this is not a trivial answer.
>
> To install latest TexLive (2009), I simply went to
> http://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire-netinstall.html and after the
> download, just followed the instructions which were pointed to on the
> same page.
>
> Regards,
> Berkin

One little issue - the only gui editor I saw was texmaker (are there
others ?).

If you install the texmaker rpm from the texmaker website - then yum
will want to update it - and then the fedora texmaker will want to
install fedora texlive ...

So if you use the rpm from texmaker - you'll need to exclude texmaker
from yum.conf.

Anyone got a better way - or a better editor ?

Old 03-15-2010, 03:35 AM
Antonio Olivares

> > To install latest TexLive (2009), I simply went to
> > http://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire-netinstall.html and
> after the
> > download, just followed the instructions which were
> pointed to on the
> > same page.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Berkin
>

> One little issue - the only gui editor I saw was
> texmaker (are there
> others ?).

There is texworks, but it installs only on windows , I tried building it on Fedora 12, but it fails. It is a simple editor, but IMHO kile and texmaker are better. There are others, but YMMV.

> If you install the texmaker rpm from the
> texmaker website - then yum
> will want to update it - and then the fedora texmaker will
> want to
> install fedora texlive ...
>
> So if you use the rpm from texmaker - you'll need to
> exclude texmaker
> from yum.conf.
>
> Anyone got a better way - or a better editor ?
> --

You can build kile-2.0-b3 kile 2.0 beta 3 and build from source using cmake and instructions provided.

The same thing happened to me, and I had to exclude texmaker when updating.

Regards,

Antonio