Old 02-28-2010, 04:30 PM
JayLinux

Default How to add & enable a repository in F12

I would like to install Mondo Rescue (backup utility), available at
ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/fedora/12/. This also includes a
corresponding Fedora 12 repo file
(ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/fedora/12/mondorescue.repo).

How can I add the mondorescue repository to my existing list of repo's
and enable it so that new packages can be auto-updated when a system
update is run ?
Also, are any additional changes (in any other file(s) ) reqd when I
add the repo file ?

Thanks,

Jay

--
Linux User 483705 @ http://counter.li.org/ (Linux Counter)

Old 02-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Dominic Hopf

Am Sonntag, den 28.02.2010, 23:00 +0530 schrieb JayLinux:
> I would like to install Mondo Rescue (backup utility), available at
> ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/fedora/12/. This also includes a
> corresponding Fedora 12 repo file
> (ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/fedora/12/mondorescue.repo).
>
> How can I add the mondorescue repository to my existing list of repo's
> and enable it so that new packages can be auto-updated when a system
> update is run ?
> Also, are any additional changes (in any other file(s) ) reqd when I
> add the repo file ?

Hi Jay,
just download the *.repo file and put it to /etc/yum.repos.d/. Next time
you start yum it should find any file you like to install and also any
update for those.

Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy@googlemail.com>

http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint:
A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D

Old 02-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Elliott Chapin

On 02/28/2010 12:30 PM, JayLinux wrote:
> I would like to install Mondo Rescue (backup utility), available at
> ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/fedora/12/. This also includes a
> corresponding Fedora 12 repo file
> (ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/fedora/12/mondorescue.repo).
>
> How can I add the mondorescue repository to my existing list of repo's
> and enable it so that new packages can be auto-updated when a system
> update is run ?
> Also, are any additional changes (in any other file(s) ) reqd when I
> add the repo file ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jay
>

> --
> Linux User 483705 @ http://counter.li.org/ (Linux Counter)

Try just putting it in /etc/yum/repos.d; open the package manager, look
for it under System -> Sources, ...

--
Elliott Chapin
http://clients.teksavvy.com/~echapin

Old 02-28-2010, 05:31 PM
JayLinux

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 11:19 PM, Elliott Chapin <echapin@teksavvy.com> wrote:

> On 02/28/2010 12:30 PM, JayLinux wrote:

>> I would like to install Mondo Rescue (backup utility), available at
>> ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/fedora/12/. This also includes a
>> corresponding Fedora 12 repo file
>> (ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/fedora/12/mondorescue.repo).
>>
>> How can I add the mondorescue repository to my existing list of repo's
>> and enable it so that new packages can be auto-updated when a system
>> update is run ?
>> Also, are any additional changes (in any other file(s) ) reqd when I
>> add the repo file ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jay
>>

>> --
>> Linux User 483705 @ http://counter.li.org/ (Linux Counter)
>>
> Try just putting it in /etc/yum/repos.d; open the package manager, look
> for it under System -> Sources, ...
>
> --
> Elliott Chapin
> http://clients.teksavvy.com/~echapin

Thanks, have done so. Is there a cmd to refresh the package lists for
the added repo(s).

"yum repolist" shows the list of enabled repo's and their contents in
brief, but I don't think it refreshes the cache/repository metadata.

Jay

--
Linux User 483705 @ http://counter.li.org/ (Linux Counter)

Old 02-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Elliott Chapin

On 02/28/2010 01:31 PM, JayLinux wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 11:19 PM, Elliott Chapin<echapin@teksavvy.com> wrote:
>

>> On 02/28/2010 12:30 PM, JayLinux wrote:
>>

>>> I would like to install Mondo Rescue (backup utility), available at
>>> ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/fedora/12/. This also includes a
>>> corresponding Fedora 12 repo file
>>> (ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/fedora/12/mondorescue.repo).
>>>
>>> How can I add the mondorescue repository to my existing list of repo's
>>> and enable it so that new packages can be auto-updated when a system
>>> update is run ?
>>> Also, are any additional changes (in any other file(s) ) reqd when I
>>> add the repo file ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jay
>>>

>>> --
>>> Linux User 483705 @ http://counter.li.org/ (Linux Counter)
>>>

>> Try just putting it in /etc/yum/repos.d; open the package manager, look
>> for it under System -> Sources, ...
>>
>> --
>> Elliott Chapin
>> http://clients.teksavvy.com/~echapin
>>
> Thanks, have done so. Is there a cmd to refresh the package lists for
> the added repo(s).
>
> "yum repolist" shows the list of enabled repo's and their contents in
> brief, but I don't think it refreshes the cache/repository metadata.
>
> Jay
>
> --
> Linux User 483705 @ http://counter.li.org/ (Linux Counter)

Just use the update app.