Old 02-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Mike Cloaked

Default firefox flash plugin duplicates!

I discovered that when I used the firefox plugin checker at
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/
I noticed that despite having updated the flash-plugin via yum and that the
rpm -q flash-plugin command showed I had the latest version, the web page
showed that I did not have the latest version!

Going to aboutlugins showed that I now have both the current and up to
date version as well as the previous out of date one!

Within firefox I can go to Tools->Add-ons and then disable the older flash
plugin.

However this highlights a problem, in that merely installing the newest
flash-plugin does not appear to give you protection if firefox thinks the
old one is still current!

The question then is how do you actually remove the old version?