Old 02-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Vincent Onelli

Default Emacs has very large characters

Hello,
I installed emacs from software that comes with Fedora 12, the
characters are so large that makes unusable. Any body know how to
correct it to a standard font?

Old 02-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Andras Simon

On 2/26/10, Vincent Onelli <vonelli@optonline.net> wrote:
> Hello,
> I installed emacs from software that comes with Fedora 12, the
> characters are so large that makes unusable. Any body know how to
> correct it to a standard font?

First of all, you can Shift-LeftClick in emacs and chose another font.
I don't how you can make that choice permanent, but I'm pretty sure
you can. (See the emacs manual after hitting Ctrl-h i)

You can also start emacs with
emacs -fn fontname,
and xfontsel helps you find a suitable font. This is very oldschool,
but still works.

As for me, I put this line:

Emacs.font: -adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--14-100-100-100-m-*-*-1

in my ~/.Xdefaults file. (Beware, that it may have to be called
~/.Xdefaults-yourhost.yourdomain or some such.)

HTH,

Andras

Old 02-27-2010, 08:09 AM
François Patte

Vincent Onelli <vonelli@optonline.net> a écrit*:

Hello,
I installed emacs from software that comes with Fedora 12, the
characters are so large that makes unusable. Any body know how to
correct it to a standard font?

Are system fonts normal?

What is written in your ~/.emacs?

have you some config for emacs in your ~/.Xdefault ~/.Xresources whatever...?

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique

Old 02-27-2010, 06:10 PM