Old 02-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Marco Maccaferri

Default SAMBA poor performance

Hi,

I've recently noticed an extremely poor performance when trasfering
files from Linux to a Windows XP notebook using samba. The notebook is
using a wireless connection so I initially tought about some
interferences from nearby devices but I can transfer up to 300KB/sec.
from the internet so it isn't the wireless connection.

Transfering from Linux is running at 8-20KB/sec., it wasn't that slow
initially, unfortunately I don't use samba so often to know when it
started to degrade. I tried some suggestions found on the web without
any effect.

I'm still using Fedora 10/x86_64 and can't update in the near future,
samba version is 3.2.15-0.36.

Any suggestion ?

Regards,
Marco.