Old 02-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Dick Roark

Default Brother HL-2040 not printing

Oh yeah, I've been here before.* Use the Brother driver

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Philip Heron <phil@sanslogic.co.uk> wrote:

Hi all,

Has anyone had any success printing to a Brother HL-2040 in Fedora

11/12? I've had one for a few years now and it's worked right up until

F11. I thought it was the printer itself at the time, but someone just

tried it with a Mac and it worked fine.

There is no error on the computer, it tells me the document printed. The

printer LED starts to blink as though it is about to start but after

about 10 seconds it stops again.

I'm using the "Brother HL-2060 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.4 Simplified" driver.

-Phil

Old 03-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Philip Heron

On 26/02/10 10:57, Dick Roark wrote:
> I've been here before. I use a HL-1850 driver: Brother HL-1850
> Foomatic/HL-1850. This one seems to work well.

Thanks all - had to install gutenprint-foomatic but it's working
perfectly now.

What package does the default (non-working) driver belong to?

-Phil