Old 02-26-2010, 07:28 AM
Philip Heron

Default Brother HL-2040 not printing

Hi all,

Has anyone had any success printing to a Brother HL-2040 in Fedora
11/12? I've had one for a few years now and it's worked right up until
F11. I thought it was the printer itself at the time, but someone just
tried it with a Mac and it worked fine.

There is no error on the computer, it tells me the document printed. The
printer LED starts to blink as though it is about to start but after
about 10 seconds it stops again.

I'm using the "Brother HL-2060 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.4 Simplified" driver.

-Phil

Old 02-26-2010, 07:39 AM
fedora

Hi Phil
I have a Brother HL-2030-Series.
When I installed F11 it behaved like you described.
I had to change the printer driver using the Web Interface to cups.

now my /etc/cups/printers.conf looks like
(MakeModel defines the driver):

# Printer configuration file for CUPS v1.4.2
# Written by cupsd on 2010-02-12 15:11
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE WHEN CUPSD IS RUNNING
<DefaultPrinter HL-2030-series>
Info Brother HL-2030 series
Location printerserver.mydomain.com
MakeModel Brother HL-2060 Foomatic/hpijs (recommended)
DeviceURI usb://Brother/HL-2030%20series
State Idle
StateTime 1265902348
Type 8425492
Filter application/vnd.cups-raw 0 -
Filter application/vnd.cups-postscript 100 foomatic-rip
Filter application/vnd.cups-pdf 0 foomatic-rip
Filter application/vnd.apple-pdf 25 foomatic-rip
Accepting Yes
Shared Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0