Old 02-26-2010, 05:10 AM
Mihamina Rakotomandimby

Default Cisco to Linux (Was: ISPs: Linux's role nowadays)

> Marcel Rieux <m.z.rieux@gmail.com> :
> I was under the impression that, at most small ISPs, Linux had
> replaced Unix and played a central role in making things work. But
> today, I spoke to an ISP*employee who told me that Linux was only used
> for Web servers and that, for routing and firewalling, nobody escaped
> companies Cisco

We are a "mini ISP" and escaped Cisco to these:
http://lannerinc.com/Network_Application_Platforms/x86_Network_Appliance/1U_Network_Appliances

They are sold without OS and we choosed to put Linux on them.

+261 34 29 155 34 / +261 33 11 207 36