Old 02-26-2010, 03:44 AM
j.halifax .

Default Which "VIDEO-PLAYER" ?

Hi video-gurus,

Could you please give me an advice of which "video-player" (some SW) to use for the following task on FC12_64 ?

(1) I need to create a web-site on my PC with a PLAYER playing video in one of its frames
(2) The video-content played should be an "endless" list of small video-shots with their names
(or data) being read from standard input of the player or from an "infinitely" growing file or pipe

Questions are the following:
- Which "video-player" to use
- How to call it from the web site for running it in a frame

Thank you so much...
jh

Old 02-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Jorge Fbregas

On Friday 26 February 2010 00:44:57 j.halifax . wrote:
> Questions are the following:
> - Which "video-player" to use
> - How to call it from the web site for running it in a frame

I think VLC and its streaming capabilities might do what you want to achieve.
You can further investigate there::

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

HTH,
Jorge

Old 02-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Luis Costabile

On your web site you create an anchor to a video file, at the client
side (the computer visiting your site), the appropriate video player
will be launched. You could do a php script to do it a loop of
videos.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:13 PM
j.halifax .

> I think VLC and its streaming capabilities might do what you want to achieve.

Actually, I don't need to stream the content, but your idea is good. I can stream
the content and to see the result in the same PC in the browser.
Thank you!
jh