Old 02-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Bill Davidsen

Default Setting custom screen resolution

I remember there being a app which helped generate custom parameters for video
drivers. I would like to get some custom resolutions:
768x12426
900x14562
1024x16568
1920x1186
1280x791
1024x632

Does anyone have a low effort way to generate mode lines?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>

Old 02-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Steven I Usdansky

> I remember there being a app which helped generate custom parameters for video
> drivers. I would like to get some custom resolutions:
> 768x12426
> 900x14562
> 1024x16568
> 1920x1186
> 1280x791
> 1024x632
>
> Does anyone have a low effort way to generate mode lines?

gtf x y refresh [-v|--verbose] [-f|--fbmode] [-x|--xorgmode]

Old 02-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Chris Tyler

On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 12:17 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> I remember there being a app which helped generate custom parameters for video
> drivers. I would like to get some custom resolutions:
> 768x12426
> 900x14562
> 1024x16568
> 1920x1186
> 1280x791
> 1024x632

Just curious, what kind of hardware does 1024x16568?! (At 60 Hz refresh,
that's a 1.5 GHz dotclock)

-Chris

Old 02-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Bill Davidsen

Steven I Usdansky wrote:

> [...]
Thanks, not the one I was thinking of, but even better!

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>

Old 02-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Bill Davidsen

Chris Tyler wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 12:17 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> I remember there being a app which helped generate custom parameters for video
>> drivers. I would like to get some custom resolutions:
>> 768x12426
>> 900x14562
>> 1024x16568
>> 1920x1186
>> 1280x791
>> 1024x632
>
> Just curious, what kind of hardware does 1024x16568?! (At 60 Hz refresh,
> that's a 1.5 GHz dotclock)

Scaling error, the first three have the 2nd value expressed in 10ths, not
rounded to the nearest dot. They are tall and skinny, roughly legal paper aspect
in portrait mode, but not *that* tall. ;-)

In another discussion we were talking about aspect ratio, and wondering if
values like that could actually be set for "how does that look to you" evaluation.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>

Old 02-26-2010, 12:29 AM
Stefano Cavallari

On Thursday 25 February 2010 18:17:55 Bill Davidsen wrote:
> I remember there being a app which helped generate custom parameters for
> video drivers. I would like to get some custom resolutions:
> 768x12426
> 900x14562
> 1024x16568
> 1920x1186
> 1280x791
> 1024x632
>
> Does anyone have a low effort way to generate mode lines?
cvt ?

Old 02-28-2010, 11:53 PM
Bill Davidsen

Stefano Cavallari wrote:
> On Thursday 25 February 2010 18:17:55 Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> I remember there being a app which helped generate custom parameters for
>> video drivers. I would like to get some custom resolutions:
>> 768x12426
>> 900x14562
>> 1024x16568
>> 1920x1186
>> 1280x791
>> 1024x632
>>
>> Does anyone have a low effort way to generate mode lines?
> cvt ?

That's the one I was remembering. Thanks.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>