Old 02-25-2010, 01:56 PM
"Barry Yu"

Default F12 can't boot up again

I made an image of F12 32bit a week ago of entire /
except /boot, /swap, last night I restore it and partimage indicated successful,
then reboot it, got stuck and displayed message:
*
[drm:drm_rmfb] * tried to rmove a fb that we didn't
own
boot has failed, sleep forever
what happened and how to fix it?
*

Old 02-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Joachim Backes

I made an image of F12 32bit a week ago of entire / except /boot, /swap,
last night I restore it and partimage indicated successful, then reboot
it, got stuck and displayed message:
[drm:drm_rmfb] * tried to rmove a fb that we didn't own
boot has failed, sleep forever
what happened and how to fix it?

Did you forget to install a boot loader with grub-install? And, as I
know, /boot is needed (contains kernel and grub bootstrap).

Additionally, after googling for "tried to rmove a fb that we didn't
own", I found 2 hits.

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes

Old 02-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Jorge Fábregas

On Thursday 25 February 2010 10:56:04 Barry Yu wrote:
> I made an image of F12 32bit a week ago of entire / except /boot, /swap

I don't know about your particular error but I know partimage doesn't support
ext4. Is your root file system using ext4?

HTH,
Jorge

Old 02-26-2010, 04:15 AM
"Barry Yu"

> On Thursday 25 February 2010 10:56:04 Barry Yu wrote:
>> I made an image of F12 32bit a week ago of entire / except /boot, /swap
>
> I don't know about your particular error but I know partimage doesn't
> support
> ext4. Is your root file system using ext4?
>
> HTH,
> Jorge

I used EXT3, not EXT4