Old 02-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Christoph Höger

Default ssh tunneling client settings

Hi guys,

are there any special client settings one needs to have for ssh
tunneling?

I have the classical setup: machines A1 and A2 (both fedora 12) should
access C which is only accessible from B1 (kerberos) or B2 (private key)

So on A1 I used to

ssh -L 10080:C:80 B1

or

ssh -L 10080:C:80 B2

Both work fine.

But on A2:

ssh -L 10080:C:80 B1/B2

logs me in to the machine but every connection attempt returns:

channel 3: open failed: administratively prohibited: open failed

Why? What kind of weird setting is this?

Old 02-24-2010, 02:43 PM
fedora

check to see with
ssh -v ......

suomi

Old 02-24-2010, 02:57 PM
Andrew Haley

On 02/24/2010 02:41 PM, Christoph Höger wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> are there any special client settings one needs to have for ssh
> tunneling?
>
> I have the classical setup: machines A1 and A2 (both fedora 12) should
> access C which is only accessible from B1 (kerberos) or B2 (private key)
>
> So on A1 I used to
>
> ssh -L 10080:C:80 B1
>
> or
>
> ssh -L 10080:C:80 B2
>
> Both work fine.
>
> But on A2:
>
> ssh -L 10080:C:80 B1/B2
>
> logs me in to the machine but every connection attempt returns:
>
> channel 3: open failed: administratively prohibited: open failed
>
> Why? What kind of weird setting is this?

Anything in the logs? Looks like a policy issue to me.

Andrew.