Old 02-24-2010, 07:38 AM
JayLinux

Default Basic image (picture) editor in Fedora 12

Am looking for a basic image editor (excluding Gimp-interface/menus
are too complex) to re-sample and re-size pictures.

Using Fedora 12 with GNOME 2.28.

Jay

--
Linux User 483705 @ http://counter.li.org/ (Linux Counter)

Old 02-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Ed Greshko

JayLinux wrote:
> Am looking for a basic image editor (excluding Gimp-interface/menus
> are too complex) to re-sample and re-size pictures.
>
> Using Fedora 12 with GNOME 2.28.

Do you like command line stuff? If so, you may want to investigate
ImageMagick tools. I make extensive use of "convert" from this package.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Tim

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 14:08 +0530, JayLinux wrote:
> Am looking for a basic image editor (excluding Gimp-interface/menus
> are too complex) to re-sample and re-size pictures.

gThumb

There's even some things you can add to Nautilus to let you right-click
on files and resize them (look through my list, below).

It rather depends on what you want to do, apply the same changes to a
batch of files, or custom modify each file individually.

[tim@suspishus ~]$ rpm -qa *nautilus*
nautilus-2.22.5.1-1.fc9.i386
nautilus-flac-converter-0.0.5-1.fc9.i386
nautilus-sendto-1.0.1-1.fc9.i386
nautilus-actions-1.4.1-4.fc9.i386
nautilus-image-converter-0.3.0-1.fc9.i386
nautilus-extensions-2.22.5.1-1.fc9.i386
nautilus-cd-burner-2.22.1-1.fc9.i386
nautilus-open-terminal-0.9-2.fc9.i386
totem-nautilus-2.23.2-17.fc9.i386