Old 02-24-2010, 01:05 AM
Jim

Default How to Get rid of Dragon Player

FC12/KDE

PLEASE!!!!

How can I get rid of Dragon Player ????

I don't want to do anything else , but get rid of Dragon PLayer.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:41 AM
Petrus de Calguarium

Jim wrote:

> How can I get rid of Dragon Player ????

My guess is that it is part of kde-multimedia, so it would not be practical to
uninstall that package without gouging some necessary stuff from your system.

What you can do, however, is to go through system settings/advanced tab/file
associations and move dragon player down the list for the file types where it gets
started and you wish something else would start instead. Likely, that would be mpg,
avi, flv and other video media types.

Of course, you need to have something installed that can handle those file types,
like kaffeine, kplayer, smplayer, vlc, gnome-mplayer, etc. Those are available from
the rpmfusion repo. Then, you make sure that one of these programs appears higher in
the list.

This should solve your problem.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:46 AM
"Steven P. Ulrick"

> FC12/KDE
>
> PLEASE!!!!
>
> How can I get rid of Dragon Player ????
>
> I don't want to do anything else , but get rid of Dragon PLayer.

Well, since you only want to get rid of Dragon Player, this probably does
not answer your question... But, if you run "yum remove /usr/bin/dragon"
this is what yum wants to do:

[root@localhost ~]# yum remove /usr/bin/dragon
Loaded plugins: blacklist, downloadonly, fastestmirror, presto, refresh-
packagekit
Setting up Remove Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package kdemultimedia.x86_64 6:4.3.5-1.fc12 set to be erased
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

=======================================
Package Arch
Version Repository
Size
=======================================
Removing:
kdemultimedia x86_64
6:4.3.5-1.fc12 installed
4.1 M

Transaction Summary
=======================================
Remove 1 Package(s)
Reinstall 0 Package(s)
Downgrade 0 Package(s)

Is this ok [y/N]:

At least taking out kdemultimedia does not take anything else out...

Steven P. Ulrick

Old 02-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Jim

On 02/23/2010 09:41 PM, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> Jim wrote:
>

>> How can I get rid of Dragon Player ????
>>

> My guess is that it is part of kde-multimedia, so it would not be practical to
> uninstall that package without gouging some necessary stuff from your system.
>
> What you can do, however, is to go through system settings/advanced tab/file
> associations and move dragon player down the list for the file types where it gets
> started and you wish something else would start instead. Likely, that would be mpg,
> avi, flv and other video media types.
>
> Of course, you need to have something installed that can handle those file types,
> like kaffeine, kplayer, smplayer, vlc, gnome-mplayer, etc. Those are available from
> the rpmfusion repo. Then, you make sure that one of these programs appears higher in
> the list.
>
> This should solve your problem.

It doesn't do any good to modify File Assc. kde come right in changes it
to Dragon Player again, I had changed to VLC as priority player.
I went ahead and removed kdemultimedia and I seem to have no problems so
far.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Tim

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 09:22 -0500, Jim wrote:
> It doesn't do any good to modify File Assc. kde come right in changes
> it to Dragon Player again, I had changed to VLC as priority player.

I'm not a KDE user, but just a generic observation:

Is that for the same type of media, or something that purports to be the
same. Such as you set it to play AVIs with something; then something
else that's actually a MPEG, but with an AVI suffix, needs separate
configuration.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686