Old 02-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Aaron Konstam

Default Starnge problems with prinbting to a Windows 2 Machine.

I set up the printer queue for the windows 7 machine just as I did for
the Win XP machine. With system-config-printer in setting up the printer
using samba the WORKGROUP is found the machine name is found and the
printer name is found. However the print stream gets to the Windows 7
machine but just sits there saying its printing but nothing is printed,
When I restart the machine the document is printed as the log in screen
appears.

Any explanations of fixes out there?

Old 02-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Tim Waugh

On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 15:20 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> I set up the printer queue for the windows 7 machine just as I did for
> the Win XP machine. With system-config-printer in setting up the printer
> using samba the WORKGROUP is found the machine name is found and the
> printer name is found. However the print stream gets to the Windows 7
> machine but just sits there saying its printing but nothing is printed,
> When I restart the machine the document is printed as the log in screen
> appears.
>
> Any explanations of fixes out there?

Sounds like perhaps samba didn't quite finish talking to the Windows
machine.

Have you tried using the printing troubleshooter in
system-config-printer? The troubleshoot.txt diagnostic output might
have some clues about what's going wrong.

Tim.
*/