Old 02-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Leon Stringer

Default Booting F12 on Mactel

Hi,

I posted this question a while ago and no one had any answers, but I've
got nowhere so I'm trying again.

I installed F12 on my Intel Mac (Core 2 Duo) but I don't see it in the
boot menu when I hold down the option key.

The F12 release notes have instructions for removing F12 from a Mac but
nothing on installing it.

Should this be straightforward? Is there some documentation I've missed?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Leon...

Old 02-23-2010, 07:25 PM
Patrick Bartek

--- On Tue, 2/23/10, Leon Stringer <leon.stringer@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I posted this question a while ago and no one had any
> answers, but I've
> got nowhere so I'm trying again.
>
> I installed F12 on my Intel Mac (Core 2 Duo) but I don't
> see it in the
> boot menu when I hold down the option key.
>
> [snip]

Maybe, this will help. I haven't read it all. Don't have a Mac.

http://blog.christophersmart.com/2009/12/02/how-to-triple-boot-mac-pro-with-os-x-fedora-windows/

You'll have to unwrap the URL.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Leon Stringer

Patrick Bartek wrote:
> --- On Tue, 2/23/10, Leon Stringer <leon.stringer@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> I installed F12 on my Intel Mac (Core 2 Duo) but I don't
>> see it in the
>> boot menu when I hold down the option key.
>>
>> [snip]
>
> Maybe, this will help. I haven't read it all. Don't have a Mac.
>
> http://blog.christophersmart.com/2009/12/02/how-to-triple-boot-mac-pro-with-os-x-fedora-windows/

Thanks for replying. I'd seen that but I thought it would be simpler
than that. Oh well, I'll have to dig deeper to get it working.

That said, I think the fact the F12 release notes only include
instructions on how to *uninstall* is perhaps not the message we should
be sending to potential users?!