Old 02-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Jim

Default Flash ??

FC12/KDE

Why won't flash play on FoxNews website.
Have they changed to a $Microsoft format ??

Old 02-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Patrick Bartek

--- On Mon, 2/22/10, Jim <mickeyboa@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> FC12/KDE
>
> Why won't flash play on FoxNews website.
> Have they changed to a $Microsoft format ??

Works fine here.

Fedora 12-64-bit, GNOME 2.28.2, Firefox 3.5.8 (64-bit), Flash 10.0 R45 Alpha (64-bit)

Old 02-22-2010, 04:42 PM
bruce

and the problem here would be what???

sorry.. you put that one right over the plate!!

!!!!

Old 02-22-2010, 04:47 PM
bruce

but on a seriosu tip...

i've got an amd64, with fedora9 (i know.. eol) with firefox (3.0.11),
i'm running openjdk 1.0.6 and i'm having issues with using the 64bit
download from the adobe/macromedia site..

i consistenly crash if i implement the lib from the compressed tar.gz
file in the plugins file...

it's a curious beast...

peace

Old 02-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Jim

On 02/22/2010 12:42 PM, bruce wrote:
> and the problem here would be what???
>
> sorry.. you put that one right over the plate!!
>
> !!!!
>

> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Jim<mickeyboa@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> FC12/KDE
>>
>> Why won't flash play on FoxNews website.
>> Have they changed to a $Microsoft format ??
>> --

It just won't play the videos on FoxNews with flashplayer, yes I have
the latest flashplayer installed.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:19 AM
Patrick Bartek

--- On Mon, 2/22/10, bruce <badouglas@gmail.com> wrote:

> but on a seriosu tip...
>
> i've got an amd64, with fedora9 (i know.. eol) with firefox
> (3.0.11),
> i'm running openjdk 1.0.6 and i'm having issues with using
> the 64bit
> download from the adobe/macromedia site..
>
> i consistenly crash if i implement the lib from the
> compressed tar.gz
> file in the plugins file...
>
> it's a curious beast...

Which version of Flash 64-bit? 10.0 R45 Alpha, the latest?

That version and the 32-bit one both crashed Firefox 3.0.something (32-bit and 64-bit versions, respectively) in CentOS 5.4 64-bit running in VirtualBox (not the OSE one) on my Fedora 12 system. (I installed Cent just to have a look.) However, the 64-bit version immediately prior to it (don't have the exact number handy), which is still installed on Fedora 9 64-bit that I upgrade to 12 from last November, and keep as a back up, still works fine. (Well, it works with a few hiccups every-once-in-a-while.) Haven't had time to see if the old one will work on CentOS or not.

With the 64-bit Flash series, I always keep the previous version around when installing the new one, just in case.

I wonder how long Adobe is going to putz around before releasing a Beta or Final version for us 64-bit Linux users? I found the wrapped 32-bit Final version to be more unstable than the 64-bit Alpha one.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:22 AM
bruce

Hey Patrick...

I'm running a 64 bit Fedora 9, i know it's eol, but it's worked for me!!

I'm on an AMD x64 box,,, but if you can email me the tared file, I can
check to see if it allows fedora to run on my box!!

for now... i'm simpy using opera to handle any sites with flash!!

thanks!

-bruce