Old 02-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Germán "A. Racca"

Default Add/Remove Software error

Hi there:

I have a PC with Fedora 12 x86_64 and Gnome desktop, and when I want to
install a program, I go to System -> Administration -> Add/Remove
Software, then I select the package, and finally it asks me for the root
password.

But in my notebook, with Fedora 12 i686 and Gnome desktop, the same
procedure as above doesn't ask me for the root password, but rather I
get the error:

"Authorization failed
You have failed to provide correct authentication
Please check any passwords or account settings."

What happened? I'm missing some configuration steps?

Regards,
Germán
--
Germán A. Racca
National Institute for Space Research (INPE)

Old 02-25-2010, 07:59 PM
bruce

if you're root...

perhaps it has something to do with your selinux/permissions access??

don't quote me on this..

Old 02-26-2010, 01:59 AM
Germán "A. Racca"

On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 12:59 -0800, bruce wrote:
> if you're root...
>
> perhaps it has something to do with your selinux/permissions access??
>
> don't quote me on this..

I'm running Add/Remove Software as a normal user, not as root. I've
disabled Selinux. Does it happen to anyone else???

Germán.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Tony Camuso

Did Germán get an answer to this problem?

I'm experiencing the same problem.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Germán "A. Racca"

On Tue, 2010-08-10 at 04:26 -0400, Tony Camuso wrote:
> Did Germán get an answer to this problem?
>
> I'm experiencing the same problem.

That happened in F12, and it also happens in F13, x86_64.

And no, I didn't get any answer

Regards,
Germán.

--