Old 02-22-2010, 03:08 AM
Linuxguy123

Default How the H&*()*) do I turn auto numbering in OO Writer completely OFF ?

Another OO update and even more stupid, silly auto numbering. How do I
turn it right off, FOREVER ?

[rant]
I don't know who controls the design of the OO suite, but some of us DO
NOT WANT auto paragraph numbering every time we start a paragraph with a
number, hyphen or bullet point. Yeah, I'm sure auto numbering is nice
for some people, but if I want a paragraph to be numbered, I'll format
it as such manually OR I'll enable auto numbering for it myself. I DO
NOT WANT a computer trying to figure out how it should be numbering what
I write. I want to decide that. PERIOD. UNDERSTOOD ?

I spend way, way more time **UNFORMATTING** the stupid number formatting
that OO writer applies than I would spend adding number to the
paragraphs I wish to have numbered. Isn't the purpose of software to
make our lives easier ?

What really rips me off is that this auto numbering "stuff" has been
going on for YEARS in a predictable cycle. Use Writer for bit, find
numbering to be irritating. Do a web search to try to figure out how to
turn it off. Turn off some obscure switch hidden 18 layers deep in the
GUI. Use it for a while. Upgrade to a newer version. Watch some new
silly auto numbering scheme appear. Do a web search for how to turn it
off... it continues. WHEN WILL IT STOP ?

How do I turn off auto numbering in OO Writer so that it NEVER EVER EVER
EVER appears in my work again ? Please, someone stop the lunacy !
[/rant]

Thanks for listening...

LG